DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to grow my system a bit and I have been thinking about changing out my Nak EC-302 crossover for a DSP (I have a need to bandpass my front midbass [Front 3-way] which the EC-302 will not do).

My CD8051 has a Coax out that was intended for the Eclipse Commander DSP component which is fairly limited in features by today's standards.

I want to confirm that I can continue to use my head unit and use the Coax Out to a modern DSP that supports coax in.

I am also open to any other suggestions you guys might have.

Again, my goal is to have more control over my front stage. Current set up in sig.

·
Registered
19,894 Posts
as long as its a standard coax out, i dont see why not. I know the Helix Pro MK2 has coaxial in. thats what i use in my car.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
as long as its a standard coax out, i dont see why not. I know the Helix Pro MK2 has coaxial in. thats what i use in my car.
Thanks for the reply. It is a single black rca with a tag that reads "Digital Out". What I do not know is if the Eclipse commander has to be plugged in to enable that digital out and if it sends a full signal out.

I suppose I could try and test its output with a meter, but I do not know what values to look for as I don't have a scope.

·
Registered
19,894 Posts
I mean, if you want I'd be willing to test it for you if you want to send me the unit (if your comfortable with that). I have plenty of dsp's at my disposal and can see if it works with any of them. I think it should work, but I have zero experience with the eclipse stuff.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Listener of Music
4,268 Posts
It will work.

The 39011 can be controlled by that unit and is pretty ok basic DSP. I think 9 bands, TA, crossover, etc. It has a cool feature of auto leveling frequencies so nothing comes out screaming at your ears. Does dolby 5.1 which I like in a car when properly implemented.

However it is basic. So if your going balls out talk to Skizer about one it his DSP'S

·
Registered
92 Posts
Can you do this with the cd55040 as well?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I mean, if you want I'd be willing to test it for you if you want to send me the unit (if your comfortable with that). I have plenty of dsp's at my disposal and can see if it works with any of them. I think it should work, but I have zero experience with the eclipse stuff.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
I really appreciate the offer. I can buy and test myself, I just thought maybe someone here had tried it before.

I thank all of you for the information!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts