DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Ok, upgrading electrical system which includes running a new length of 1/0 ga. from the bat to the hatch. I have a 4 ga. already running through a drilled/grommet hole on the passenger side firewall. If you have an 1/0 installed, where in the heck did you run it? I could use my current hole if enlarged...but I have no clue what to use to drill that large of a hole! If you can help, I would GREATLY appreciate it! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
You can get a cheap set of 3 of the stepped drill bits at Harbor Freight for like $10. It'll only be good for 1 or 2 firewall holes, though.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm using 4AWG, but I ran it on the outside of the car...
In the spare tire well, there are a couple of plastic plugs...punch one out and use it. There is a 'tunnel' that runs most of the length of the car you can fish the wire thru, then up to the battery from the bottom...

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I'm using 4AWG, but I ran it on the outside of the car...
In the spare tire well, there are a couple of plastic plugs...punch one out and use it. There is a 'tunnel' that runs most of the length of the car you can fish the wire thru, then up to the battery from the bottom...
I was going to tell you the same as this.I did my buddies and we did it on the outside.Then after we had it all ran,we sealed around the wire with sealicone so no water got in.good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts