DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
161 - 169 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
Silver is an excellent conductor….. the best

but I think to hear or measure a difference one would need to have silver all the way through the analog signal path…. As soon as it comes off the rca receiver in amp it goes copper…..

And up stream same thing , off the op amp on to copper….. if all of it was silver….. maybe we would be able to measure a difference (maybe) doubtful but maybe

it sure seems like an expensive test if you ask me. (Kinda boring)

The utopia uses sterling in the spider wires….
iirc

maybe a silver voice coil wire would be kinda cool (but heavy) idk ….. too expensive

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Reactions: oabeieo

·
Banned
2016 Lexus Ct200h Fsport
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
This thread still poppin huh

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
<There is no one more deaf, than the one, that doesnt want to hear......

If there is absolute no difference between silver or copper or whatever material,.....why then we all dont use the cheapest RCAs........according to majority of statements this is the way to go, since there is no difference in sound,....just like all amps sounds the same...

I think that QED, Kimber, Furutech,, Audioquest, and all the others can just shut their plants since some experts thinks that there is no difference in sound that different cables brings

·
Registered
477 Posts
Resistance is meaningless. Resistance is frequency-independent; easily fixed with level control. The conversation should be entirely about capacitance, impedance and phase shift. The first two are determined entirely by the construction of the cable. Y'all should really read the "Time" white-paper I linked to previously...

161 - 169 of 169 Posts