DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a 2011 IA Death Penalty 12 that I am trying to design an enclosure to go in my 08 G35. The recommended box sizes are:
1.8 cubes - 3.0 cubes, 20 - 48 Inches of Port, 32-37 Hz

I want to get as clean of a response as possible down to say 30hz, maybe a little lower. At the same time, I would like to have an upper range to mid 60's. Should I go with the very minimum size to achieve this? I was thinking of tuning it at 35hz to get an F3 of 30hz. If I were to tune lower, say 32 or 33, would I still be able to get a decent response in the mid 60's?

Port area. This sub has an xmax of 28mm. I would think with that large of an xmax I would need to have the port area as big as possible to reduce port noise, or is that something that can be heard in the cabin of a trunk car?

I will be powering this sub with a Crescendo BC2000.
Anyways, that's all of the questions I have for now. Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I’m taking the parameters from this site.
Death Penalty-12 D2
If such small Vas here is truth, then this speaker allows building a small box.
But went is going to be huge to utilize the full available power.
I can suggest using the passive radiator. SLAPS12 or better SLAPS15 from Earthquake Audio, in 1.2 cubic feet box it should work just fine.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See, that is exactly why I came here, because people think outside the box and have more knowledge than most other sites. I would have never thought about a passive radiator. About the VAS. I kind of wondered if that was accurate myself and seems really small compared to most twelves. I'm going to confirm that it is accurate then definitely take a look at the passive radiator idea. Thanks a lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts