DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have been out of the car audio deal for a while and just getting back into it!

I am looking for a 1000 watt monoblock amplifier and was wanting to get your input on a decent priced amp. I have been looking at the alpine and rf monoblock so far.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention, i am trying to power a older ppi pro104 in a sealed enclosure. I am currently running the crossfire 302 and it does a decent job, but the ppi sub is very power hungry.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where would i get it fixed at?

and would i be better off going a different route than the sub i have? I am working with .95 cubic foot sealed enclosure

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called Crossfire and they will fix the amp at a low flat rate! Thanx for the info,

Ive been looking at these sundown 8" subs, they look like little beast! Might get rid of the old ppi pro 10 for a couple of these.:)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that is true, but im kind of partial to the old school stuff for some reason

·
Registered
977 Posts
I would defintely suggest fixing an old moderate quality amp that's worth less fixed than the cost of the repairs, yup. Maybe get some upgrades done at the same time if possible.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
What is their flare rate? My nephew has that amp. I bought it for him new.

I also know a guy that can fix it

·
Banned
601 Posts
I would defintely suggest fixing an old moderate quality amp that's worth less fixed than the cost of the repairs, yup. Maybe get some upgrades done at the same time if possible.
I have always got $150 for my Crossfire CFA602's. The flat rate is less than $100. Once again, you make a statement that doesn't make sense.

·
1,959 Posts
I think what rommel was trying to say is that it's like carrying your dead hamster to the vet, and having it neutered while you're at it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
No I think rom was pointing out that jimmah is a moron, and should concentrate more on not stabbing himself in the eye while eating with fork, rather than dispensing bad advice on a forum he's bant from more often than not....

....just saying

·
Banned
601 Posts
CFA602 | eBay

$51.23
$99.99
$119.95

Minus ebay and paypal fees.

So $100 flat rate + shipping, so umm yeah, I'm right, you're wrong. Aren't you due for another banning yet, retard?
Clearly, you are the retard. Here comes the name calling from your lack of self esteem. Anyways, an auction on ebay doesn't show what you can sell an item for. I have sold 2 of them for $150 BIN on ebay less than a year ago. I know what they can fetch.

They are decent amps and for $100 they are worth fixing.

·
Banned
601 Posts
I think what rommel was trying to say is that it's like carrying your dead hamster to the vet, and having it neutered while you're at it.
Go back and read that again. Does it make sense to you yet? If it does then you have issues. Clearly, when you leave the vet your hamster is still dead. Quite the opposite for an amplifier repaired for a small flat rate fee.

This forum has some smart people....sarcastic of course. There is a reason you all spend 80% of your waking lives here.

·
1,959 Posts
Go back and read that again. Does it make sense to you yet? If it does then you have issues. Clearly, when you leave the vet your hamster is still dead. Quite the opposite for an amplifier repaired for a small flat rate fee.

This forum has some smart people....sarcastic of course. There is a reason you all spend 80% of your waking lives here.
This is the first time I've logged in for several days. I just thought it was interesting that they continue to un-ban you to continue giving stupid advise.

:rolleyes:

·
Banned
601 Posts
This is the first time I've logged in for several days. I just thought it was interesting that they continue to un-ban you to continue giving stupid advise.

:rolleyes:
Stupid advice would be telling someone to ask you your opinion on anything.

Good advice on the other hand, would be telling a guy to get his quality amp repaired for $100 instead of spending $200-300 on a shitty new class D amplifier.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts