DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market to purchase the Alpine DVA-9965 as I found a deal to get a brand new one for 500 dollars. I see that it has a feature called amplifier link on it that allows me to control the functions of the amp such as gain, bass boost etc. right from the head unit which I think is kinda neat. What specific Alpine amps are compatible with the amplifier link feature. I have read on some sites that it is compatible with the alpine v12 amps. Is it compatible with the newer PDX amps as they are a lot easier to get? Also if it's only compatible with v12 amps which specific v12 models is it compatible with? There are different styled v12 amps on ebay and it may not be compatible with all of them. Basically what I am really looking for is a list of the amps that are compatible with this amplifier link technology of the dva-9965, a list of the exact model numbers of every amp compatible with the dva-9965 amplifier link technology so I can control my amps functions from the head unity without getting out of my seat. Does anyone have a complete list or does anyone know if the newer amps work with this feature.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Nice head unit, and very nice price for a NIB unit ;).

The amplifiers you'll be looking for to run "amplink" are the last series of V12s, coincidentally enough made the same year as the head unit. That means the 2005 versions (MRV-F345/MRV-F545, the MRD-M605/MRD-M1005) are the discontinued amps you'll want to track down. I believe you can also use the previous generation of V12 amps (the 2004 versions, which were a hair better but slightly less controllable via the head unit) but that means you have to track down the obsolete amplink cables and modules specific to the previous version of V12 amps.

The down side is the amplink connections required to make this happen are long discontinued...this is the one meant for the last series of V12 amps:

Alpine KCE-511M Amplifier Link Monitor your Alpine amplifier with your compatible Alpine stereo at Crutchfield.com

if you run more than one V12, you need a specific adapter to control both through the head unit (KWE-061M) which is a Y-adaptor that splits one DIN plug into two. These do show up on eBay from time to time, but they command good money :(.

If you go with the previous 2004 version of the V12 amps (MRD-M301, M501, M1001 were the monoblocks IIRC) meant to be controlled by the similar amplink capable CDA-9855 head unit, you need to track down a different amplifier link module:

Alpine KCE-510M Receiver/AccuClass-D amplifier control link at Crutchfield.com

and this one needs the KWE-060M splitter to control multiple amps.

Bottom line? Unless you have very good connections for tracking down discontinued product (or are patient and willing to spend a bunch of money on eBay) to collect all the obsolete hardware, Alpine's amplink control will be difficult to make happen at this stage in the game. It won't work with the PDX series, as this control feature wasn't designed into those amps and had been dropped from the current Alpine head units along with most of the BassEngine Pro features when the PDX series were launched. In reality, gain and bass EQ settings are easy enough to dial-in when you set up your amps and the luxury of doing that through the head unit probably isn't worth it when it means you are locked into obsolete or used amplifiers to make that happen.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/images/products/catalog/04spring_english.pdf

http://www.alpine.com.au/promotions/2005 Alpine General Catalogue.pdf

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the response. I guess I am going to abandon that idea. Not worth the trouble. Guess I'll go with the 1000 watt mono PDX and the 150 x 4 4 channel pdx. I'll keep you guys updated on the progress of my system. i plan on dropping around 4-5 grand total when all is said and done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.