DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI guys please somebody who have a lot of knowledge explain to me ,

my speakers got damaged due to my faulthy amp,
i gave speaker/s to repair they work now - repair guy who is in BG , we are very small country he repair speakers inside his garage, he told me that speaker issue was speaker coil, so he replaced the whole coil, - my question is since he replaced the whole coil i dont know how repair procedure is called- will my speakers specs now be changed ?

Please someone with knowledge i need to know will my spekers now sound worse than before ? What things i lost going in that repair route please explain to me...
is it worth repairing speakers or better get a new one?
This guy claim he can repair every speaker in the world even speakers of bentley,audi and other oem manufacturer, my speakers were aftermarket set..

·
Registered
138 Posts
"Re-coneing" a driver is essentially replacing all the soft parts - cone, surround, former, leads, voice coils. It is totally possible to repair a speaker.
The first thing you should do is measure the resistance of the speakers with a multimeter and check they match eg both 4 ohm

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
if he can wind up coil with same specifications/same copper quality as original on the same type of former with exact same weight, if he balance vc in mag gap and uses quality glues, speaker should perform the same as original. To avoid all this complications he might just use original recone and be good....practically a new driver

If he is not capable of doing this, then speaker probably wont meet specs of original and will perform slightly different than original

1 - 3 of 3 Posts