DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Question to those with the Dayton RS tweeter...

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Sephiroth619 
#1 ·
I've been recommended to have them crossed at 1.8khz with 24/oct slope protection. What would happen if the crossover I have is 2khz and 18/oct slope?

#2 ·
I'm not overly educated with xover points and what would be effected...but i'd think that it would be a very similar sound....18db being a little smoother, a little more drop off on the upper side of 2k with a slower slope below it.....24db would cutt out more down low, and be much more peakier around the point, but should have a very similar sound.

May be wrong though.

#5 ·
Look for a Coustic Ref DX-28....very nice for the money, i have one, and its very easy to use, setup, and get dialed in right, i may be selling it if i get a H701combo. But for the price for a 3way xover its very nice, but it does have some years on it.

#6 ·
demon2091tb said:
Look for a Coustic Ref DX-28....very nice for the money, i have one, and its very easy to use, setup, and get dialed in right, i may be selling it if i get a H701combo. But for the price for a 3way xover its very nice, but it does have some years on it.
Thanks a lot. I've had my eye on the Coustic XM6 that's on ebay right now. What I really want is the Audio Control EQX.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.