DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I recently bought a sub, amp, etc. and had everything installed. Everything is fine and sounds good but I have a question. On my head unit, should I keep lows at 0 or is it okay to raise them?

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Do you have a way of knowing whether it's clipping, or have a way of taking any RMS voltage measurements?

·
Registered
219 Posts
If it all was installed by professionals who know what they are doing... yes, turn it up. Best answer... ask the person who installed the equipment as they know how the amp gains are set as well as any other settings. Some installers will leave the "EQ's" flat so the consumer can set it to their own taste.

·
Registered
17,645 Posts
If it all was installed by professionals who know what they are doing... yes, turn it up.
No, dont do that

Best answer... ask the person who installed the equipment as they know how the amp gains are set as well as any other settings. Some installers will leave the "EQ's" flat so the consumer can set it to their own taste.
Correct answer. The last sentence is kinda an unfortunate truth that most installers dont know how to tune

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
219 Posts
No, dont do that

Correct answer. The last sentence is kinda an unfortunate truth that most installers dont know how to tune

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I said "if" lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts