DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this on shopgoodwill.com.. Bentley Oem speakers and am extremely curious about the qualifications these speakers. Does anyone have any info and will someone please buy this damn thing so we can find out!?

Mods kindly direct me to what forum I should be posting this on 😵‍💫

·
Super Moderator
2,222 Posts
I am extremely curious about the qualifications these speakers.
These speakers are garbage... cheap paper OEM units.

Does anyone have any info
These can be found in almost any Volkswagen branded cars... putting a Bentley sticker on them, doesn't make them better.
(Bentley is owned by Volkswagen)

will someone please buy this damn thing so we can find out!?
Why don't you drop the 50 bucks they're asking for them, and satisfy your curiosity? Personally, I'd rather waste 50 bones on lottery tickets...

Mods kindly direct me to what forum I should be posting this on 😵‍💫
Done. Moved.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why don't you drop the 50 bucks they're asking for them, and satisfy your curiosity? Personally, I'd rather waste 50 bones on lottery tickets...
Why would do that when you just revealed that they’re garbage. What’s got you’re jimmys rustled anyway

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The speakers themselves are garbage... but that Focal case that they are packed in, is worth way more than 50 bucks.
But they’re made by Naim which parents company is the same as Focal… why would Bentley use garbage speakers in a one of the most high end vehicles you can buy?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The speakers themselves are garbage... but that Focal case that they are packed in, is worth way more than 50 bucks.
I’m thinking you secretly bid yourself and are trying to scare off any competition 😭🤣

·
Registered
662 Posts
Lol yeah the case is nice, but those speakers are junk.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Bentley likely has factory upgrade options and this is the base version. I'm sure they can sound OK in a stock system.

The little dinky speakers that came stock in my Toyota sounded mediocre to me.. but to others that rode in my car they thought it sounded fine... but to any trained ear the issues become a lot more apparent...

This has been happeneing forever.. even luxury vehicles still have $hit stereo systems..

·
Super Moderator
2,222 Posts
But they’re made by Naim which parents company is the same as Focal… why would Bentley use garbage speakers in a one of the most high end vehicles you can buy?
NAIM makes the upgraded stereo for Bentley... these are definitely not NAIM speakers.

Just buy them... you know you want them.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
NAIM makes the upgraded stereo for Bentley... these are definitely not NAIM speakers.

Just buy them... you know you want them.

Yeah.. Stamped steel baskets are usually not a good sign..

Granted there are some decent performing drivers with a stamped steel frame (Dynaudio Esotec) - It is certainly a cost saving measure.. So I do not have high hopes

·
Super Moderator
2,222 Posts
Bentley likely has factory upgrade options and this is the base version.
Bentley has 3 options for the system in a Conti GT:
  1. The base system - which every Bentley owner who has one, will attest; sounds like crap. These speakers are from the base system.
  2. The Bang & Olufsen system, which is nothing great... but quite a bit better than the base system.
  3. The NAIM system, which is phenominal. I'd rank it as the best OEM system in any car. Period.
If I were to guess (based on what I see in the pictures): the owner got the Conti GT with the base system. Maybe on purpose, because he intended to upgrade it with aftermarket gear... or maybe he got it and realized how crappy it sounds. Either way, it looks like he upgraded the speakers with a Focal Ultima set (that steel case is from an Ultima set). If he has a Conti GT with an Ultima set in it... he's got one sweet ride, and I wish he'd post it on this site, sow e can all drool.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Upon further inspection I believe you guys are right. Damn how sick would it have been if it was the Naim system and I got it for 50 ****ing bucks

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Wait... isn't this the For Sale forum???

Is this a FS or WTB post????

I just get more and more flabbergasted by this s**t every time I come here....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wait... isn't this the For Sale forum???

Is this a FS or WTB post????

I just get more and more flabbergasted by this s**t every time I come here....
Looks like it’s in the “member reviews” forum.
You get flabbergasted much through life don’t you?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I found it in the Classifieds section. Even after supposedly being "moved". Yes... it was still there. And you don't know me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts