DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I absolutely have no idea about how to power/wire or what ohm subwoofer I should choose when it comes to DVC.

I have a 4 channel amp (Alpine MRP F300) sitting around and I believe that it is bridgeable to make it 2 bridged channels at 4ohm.

For the best power, if I bridge the 4 channels into 2 channels, what kind of a DVC subwoofer should I get? 2ohm DVC? 4ohm?

and for wiring, how should I wire the subwoofer?

Thank you.

· Registered
11,369 Posts
for a single sub, get a D4. Then wire the 2 voice coils to 1 bridged channel each. Follow the + and - for each. its only 150watts to each voice coil so look for a low powered sub.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for a single sub, get a D4. Then wire the 2 voice coils to 1 bridged channel each. Follow the + and - for each. its only 150watts to each voice coil so look for a low powered sub.
Thank you for your reply.

I have another question.
I have a Kenwood KAC 529S amp which is a 2 channel and max 250w.

It is both 2ohm and 4ohm compatible but the bridged mode states 4ohm(120w rms). Do you think I can use this bridged mode for 2ohm for more input and get a 2ohm svc subwoofer?

· Registered
11,369 Posts
Thank you for your reply.

I have another question.
I have a Kenwood KAC 529S amp which is a 2 channel and max 250w.

It is both 2ohm and 4ohm compatible but the bridged mode states 4ohm(120w rms). Do you think I can use this bridged mode for 2ohm for more input and get a 2ohm svc subwoofer?
That one is also only 4ohm stable when bridged, and you quoted the "max" output as 250watts. Always dissregard what an amp company calls its "max" power. go by RMS. Keep the first amp.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That one is also only 4ohm stable when bridged, and you quoted the "max" output as 250watts. Always dissregard what an amp company calls its "max" power. go by RMS. Keep the first amp.
Thank you very much for your reply.

I'm thinking of doing a free air subwoofer by replacing the factory subwoofer in my car installed in the rear package/deck. 8".
2 candidates : ID8 DVC4 or JBL GTO804 SVC but I think I'm leaning toward JBL GTO804 after reading some reviews from this forum.

Eventually I need to sell that car to my friend who may need to use the trunk space a lot due to his job being an electrician.

Do you have any recommendations for a free air 8" subwoofer that can fill the enough bass with either the Kenwood amp or the alpine MRF amp I mentioned above?

· Registered
345 Posts
I’ve become a fan of Image dynamics and would prob go with that one, but I’m sure either would work pretty well.

Just don’t expect Big bass from an 8 in IB, but IB is a great way to make the most of a low power setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.