DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel pretty proud that I found a great deal on a Zed Planet P1002 amp, and I'm impressed with the versatility from such a plain looking amp, but I had a question regarding one of the processing switches...

I feel like I should know this, but there is a push-toggle switch labeled either 2-way or 3-way. Does this effect how the line output frequencies are crossed over? Can this amp achieve bandpass filtering? I'm just not sure what this switch does quite yet.

I also purchased a Rubicon 702 amp that I received today but it has two of the rotary potentiometer dials on the bass EQ and the right channel gain missing. I see that these 'knobs' are a simple a hex-shaped shaft with a plastic notched cap on the end meant to be turned with a flat blade screwdriver. Can anyone help me locate something like this? The pots still turn in the amp (i turned them with a 2mm allen wrench), but their turning mechanism is gone.

Thanks,
Travis

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
P1002 - Powered By Kayako eSupport

I don't even see a system diagram for using the 3-way position...but it's for the line out in any case. The 4 channels can be bandpassed from 55 to 500Hz.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had already looked at the manual and saw nothing. Do you mean the 4 channels as in the amp's 2 and the line outs 2? How and why only up to 500 Hz

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
The 4 channel models...you can select high pass or low pass for each pair of channels independent of the other. Like, 1+2 HPF of 60, 3+4 LPF of 500 if you were doing a 3-way front setup or using 2-3" fullrange speakers as tweeters. I am disappointed you can only lowpass at 500Hz...then again...most active headunits can highpass just above 1000Hz and XO boxes like AudioControls can do whatever you want...and few other amps out there even have a low pass, especially in this price range :laugh:

You could bandpass if you "chained" two 2-channel amps together. Send a "low" signal to the slave amp and use the LPF on that one.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Well, are you planning on using the line out? Are you going to lose sleep over it? :laugh: I can pretty much name anyone here who has used this series of amps...and only 2-3 are regulars anymore.

I would suspect in 3-way mode that you can run a 3-way front or 2-way + sub off one set of RCAs. I've seen plenty of typos and corrections in Planet manuals (and other brands, too) so I think System #3 should be using the 3-way selection.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I may use the line out if I determine it does something that would really benefit me. I'm in the planning stages for a system for a new car, so I'm just trying to figure out what it does exactly.

I didn't see a System 3 in that manual, is it there?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
It's on page 9 of the PDF...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Strange, my page 9 is the last page of the manual and it is the troubleshooting section...

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Huh, you're absolutely right. Strange that they left out a bunch of stuff, but included every model in the "flagship" HVT manuals. This is the reference I was referring to HVT7100 - Powered By Kayako eSupport

Try that one out ;) That was the first amp I bought, and once I saw the 754 was the same and it listed all the others (I was searching for a 1002 for the longest) I never bothered to download any other.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts