DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me start with a short preface; next week I'm getting my Audison DRC-AC installed. It is basically the Audison version of the Helix Conductor, (a round push button knob with a series of LEDs around it). Like the Conductor, there are various options as to how to set it up and I wanted to see what the Conductor Users are finding the most useful.

What do you use your Conductor to control?

In what order do you have them arranged? (I'm assuming that like the DRC-AC, you can select the order).

Does the Conductor allow for various LED colors? (The DRC-AC allows each function to be a different color, I guess so that it is easier to ensure you have clicked to the desire function).

Thanks

Registered
2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali
I had mine setup in this order #1digital vol #2Sub #3 master overall vol and #4 tune/presets.

Depends on your setup and what works for you. Rear fill attenuation seems like good option as well.

You can dial in the colors and get very specific with it.

Reactions: MythosDreamLab

Super Moderator
2021 GMC Sierra AT4
Echoing what Chris said - you can do a lot with it. 4 types of Volume, tone control, input control, preset swapping and probably a couple other things I鈥檓 forgetting.

mine runs the following:

Master volume
Sub volume
Rear fill volume
Input selection (used to toggle optical vs coax digital input)
Preset selection

Registered
I had mine for 1) digital volume 2) subwoofer level 3) rear fill volume 4) preset selector

Reactions: MythosDreamLab

Registered
2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali
Optical/coax = digital in my case it was iphone>topping>optical

I also used my stock HU analog. Master would turn down everything so if i took it in for service everything was shut off.

Reactions: BMW 1M

Registered
2018 Honda Accord EXL 2.0 GB 3way doors GB40/10 centre Helix M4dsp/M6 Sundown salt MMats + more
Mine is
1) Master volume (blue)
2) Rear sub (red)
3) Front sub (green)

Then when you press on it you can choose different pre-sets. I have 3 so far

1) 2 seat tune
2) 1 seat tune (in progress)
3) DAC 2 seat tune

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks all, I am thinking about the following (and in order):
1) Rear Speakers (default setting) (Purple)
2) Master (Blue)
3) Sub (Green)
4) Presets/Tunes: A) Drivers Seat, B) Centered/2-Seat (Red)
5) Rear only (Yellow)

Couple more questions: NOTE: The DRC-AC has a Sleep-Mode, which leaves only one LED on when the device is not being accessed (when accessed all LEDs are lit).

1) Are the LEDs on the Conductor always lit?

2) Would you use the Sleep-Mode, if available?

Registered
2018 Honda Accord EXL 2.0 GB 3way doors GB40/10 centre Helix M4dsp/M6 Sundown salt MMats + more
2) Master (Blue)
3) Sub (Green)
4) Presets/Tunes: A) Drivers Seat, B) Centered/2-Seat (Red

Couple more questions: NOTE: The DRC-AC has a Sleep-Mode, which leaves only one LED on when the device is not being accessed (when accessed all LEDs are lit).

Mine are always lit, and they dim when not in use. I like it that way.

Super Moderator
2021 GMC Sierra AT4
2) Master (Blue)
3) Sub (Green)
4) Presets/Tunes: A) Drivers Seat, B) Centered/2-Seat (Red

You can adjust it either way. Either to dim when not in active use (also let鈥檚 you choose in use and out of use brightness levels) or having the LEDs turn off completely when not in use.

Registered
What is digital volume vs. master volume?
Master volume should always be used, I don鈥檛 know why they offer digital volume at all鈥 reducing the bit rate of a signal to modulate volume is something I will never understand when master volume does the exact same thing but at the output stages

to those using digital volume鈥 can you tell me what it offers you over master volume? I don鈥檛 see any difference between the two except one is far superior from a technical standpoint鈥

1 - 13 of 13 Posts