DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So I got my MS8 last weekend. I am going to be using my JL Audio xd700/5 amp along with the MS8.

From my stock head unit I have 4 rca's going to the 1,2,3,4 inputs on the MS8.

How do I need to configure my outputs? obviously I need my 1,2,3,4 outputs going to my JL 700/5 do each corresponding channel. But I am confused about my sub channel.

I have only have 1 10" sub hooked up to my JL 700/5. Before I had the MS8. I had only 4 RCAs going to my amp and it was set on 4 channel mode. The sub channel was created from a combining the 4 channel inputs.

Now with the MS8 in the mix, do I need to get another set of RCAs to go from outputs 5,6 to the Sub inputs on my JL 700/5? or what? Look at this clip from the MS8 manual, it doesn't really have a scenario that applies for me for the sub setup.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
Ok. So I got my MS8 last weekend. I am going to be using my JL Audio xd700/5 amp along with the MS8.

From my stock head unit I have 4 rca's going to the 1,2,3,4 inputs on the MS8.

How do I need to configure my outputs? obviously I need my 1,2,3,4 outputs going to my JL 700/5 do each corresponding channel. But I am confused about my sub channel.

I have only have 1 10" sub hooked up to my JL 700/5. Before I had the MS8. I had only 4 RCAs going to my amp and it was set on 4 channel mode. The sub channel was created from a combining the 4 channel inputs.

Now with the MS8 in the mix, do I need to get another set of RCAs to go from outputs 5,6 to the Sub inputs on my JL 700/5? or what? Look at this clip from the MS8 manual, it doesn't really have a scenario that applies for me for the sub setup.

Any help would be appreciated.
You only use the front RCA's on your HU to feed the MS8.

The sub I believe should have one assigned channel (ie channel 5). You can use Y-splitters to turn this into 2 RCA signals.

Someone care to comment on this?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think i figured it out.

I need to select 2 for the sub. because techinically I can run two subs off my xd700/5. so that would be 2 subs running off 2 channels.

The only difference in my case is, instead of having 2 subs I have 1 sub running off 2 channels.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
No, you only use one output from the MS-8 for each channel, including the subwoofer. If your sub amp (in this case, the 5th channel of the 700/5) needs two inputs, then you use a y-splitter between the MS-8 and the amp.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And the setting I would set for the sub configuration is the 1 right? Gotta pick me up a y adapter.

You would only use the 2 setting if you had a 2 channel mono sub amp?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I got this thing installed. its sounding pretty good. Now all i need to do is play with the graphic equalizer.

Anyone have any hints or tips on how i should go about setting it? I listen to mostly rock music. and some electronic and techno/dubstep.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts