DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I think im doing it right, but just want confirmation if possible

I am looking to correctly measure my TA on my Pioneer HU ( the default aint far off TBH ) i am running Hertz component 2 way speakers bridged on a Hertz amp, so when I go to enter the measurements the tweeters are FR and FL and the mids would be RR and RL ( this is what I need confirming )

Thanks for any help 馃榾

Registered
They run single phono into a splitter at the amp end

Yes to a 4 channel amp and using the crossover supplied
Then you can only set time alignment to each side, you cannot set the tweeter and mids differently because they are tied to the same signal. Set TA based on the mids.

Please specify the models for the speakers and amp so that I can fully understand how it's wired.

Registered
Ok, so you have a 4-channel amp that is bridge to 2 channels, left and right, both going to the supplied Hertz crossovers, correct?

Are you running both front and rear RCA's from the head unit to the amp? You only need the front outputs if you aren't running rear speakers, or running your components active.

Use a measuring tape and measure from each mid to where the center of your head would be while listening, then enter those numbers into the head unit.

Registered
I believe that head unit has network mode (double check). If so, you can ditch the passive crossovers and run the mids and tweets active from 1 channel each of the amp. This will allow you to independantly set TA for each speaker. You will need to set the crossovers in the head unit as well, but you will have more flexibility over the sound if you use network mode.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I run the fronts from the front input on the HU then split them at the amp end ( so nothing plugged into rear outputs )

Yes to the crossover setup

I do have a network option and will look to use this to run active when i change cars soon, so until then the crosssover is used

With the measurements do i enter the same value from the mids into the FL RL and FR and RR after measuring

Registered
Ok. There is nothing to enter for the RL and RR, since there is no signal leaving that part of the head unit. It won't matter at all what you set the rears to since they aren't doing anything. Only worry about the fronts, and only worry about the midwoofers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.