DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently running 4 ID8 D2 V3 in a sealed enclosure. Two subs share about .6 cf (1.2 cf total w/ two seperate chambers)

I want to experiment and build a ported enclosure for two subs just for the hell of it to see how they compare to the small sealed enclosure. I am hoping to get through this quick build tonight in a few hours but I'm limited to the following:

Plenty of 3/4" MDF
81" of 3" pvc
78" of 4" pvc
(no pvc elbows)

In the intrest of easy and effecient construction, I'm hoping to build a single chamber with single port for two ID8 D2 v3. Otherwise I would go with the recommend enclosure listed in the owners manual.

Each sub will get about 125 watts.

Here's a link to the sub info.

http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/pdf/iD 8 D2 v3.pdf

Thanks for your quick help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have heard of some folks using pillow "fiber-fill" to put in a smaller encloser to make it think its bigger and maybe sound bigger. I don't know if that helps. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. I used to do this, but havn't for awhile. I'll definitely try that; it's an easy and cheap test.

But my overal goal is to test sealed vs. ported for myself. I have always been a sealed enclosure guy, but I've read enough threads on this forum and others to convience me to atleast try it. I've got the materials and a few hours tonight, I figured what the hell! All I need is an enclosure design...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts