DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im down grading my sound system back to.a 5ch stuck between these 2 . Will be running Boston pro60se Boston Sr65 and sub of some sort

From what I know the Memphis gives me 1000w on the sub 1ohm
And jl is 100w for the speakers . Please advise I can grab the Memphis for 350 shipped off a friend. Is there anything I should know.
I know the the jl is 600w less on the sub channel but I would like some sq. I do like bass but I'm tired of multiple amps extra battries .
The amp will be using a 0 gauge ground to the chasis and 0 from the battety (kinetik 1800) .

Tapatalk, the best thing since 3g data

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
im sorry but im looking for a 5 ch between those 2. if someone can point me in the right direction.
im downgrading from 2 BA GT-2300. like i said i just dont like the 2nd battery in the trunk and all that wiring is driving me nuts so. whats my best bet. the JL or the Memphis "BIG" bella

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
I can only speak for myself when I say JL.....

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
btw the only thing i have of value to trade beside the amps(sold to a friend) is my boston spg555 in its ported Gtuned box. you think i can find some one to take that trade

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help (coppertone) so what i did is get 2 jl audio amps (MUCH smaller then the bostons i had) grabbed the XD600/6 and 600/1 so i can bridge the 600/6 to run my pro60se then the last channel for my rear fill. and with that 600/1 i can run my JBL p1224 for now untill i decide between the :
(2) JL 15w0v3
(2) JL 12w0v3
(2) JL 13w1v2
(2) JL 12w1v2
(2) JL 13w3v3
(2) JL 12w3v3

if someone can shed some light on the subs will be awesome. the only jl sub i have ever owned was a 10w0 the first one liek what umm 20 years old? awesome sub. like i said i i like bass and want quality out of it. any of the 2 subs will be in a sealed enclosure 0.95 ft^3 each chamber. and i really want 2 subs. thank you guys...

·
Registered
238 Posts
You seem to like JL, so why not the W6? I havent heard one myself, but I've heard almost nothing but good things about them. Seems to be a good SQ-biased compromise sub

1 - 8 of 8 Posts