DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i've been running some older ID OEM 6.5 midbasses from a long ago group buy (Hessdawg specials) and a 1" Zapco tweeter from an equally old now dead component set using the old Zapco passives because I felt lazy.

I recently bought a pair of ID CXS passive crossovers from ebay that allow for some tweeter attenuation and filtering via multiple jumper settings. The basic attenuation and filter settings require a single jumper block placed as directed in the instruction paper (ie "for -4db attenuation put jumpers as follows J1 and J2 set to 3-6 + 3-6, J3 and J4 set to 2-5 + 2-5")

However, some settings (higher levels of tweeter attenuation for example) call for what appears to be 2 jumper blocks at the same group of prongs (ie "1-4 + 2-5 at J1 and 3-6 + 4-5 at J2")

There aren't extra jumper blocks on the crossover board so my question is do I simply order additional jumper blocks if I want to use these other passive crossover settings?
I've always used an active deck in the past and will again but just felt like playing with these passives and just wanted some confirmation since I've never had passives that might require multiple jumper blocks. Perhaps when new, the passives may have even come with a few extra jumpers, who knows.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well check that out. Ok, the guy that sold them said they were a demo set so I guess they removed the extra jumper blocks. I'm going to check the local hardware/electrical part supply house tomorrow and worst case, I'll check online.
Thanks for the pic!
The ironic part is, I'm running a Pioneer PRS-80 which is fully active capable lol, I just wanted to see how the ID OEMs acted with some ID passives (not designed for these exact mids but close I think).
I'm not loving the midbass which seems really muted and I've read that the mids really open up going active so I'll probably go that route soon anyway. Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts