DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be moving my tweeters higher. When it comes to a pillar or door panel placement, does it really make a difference, if they are about the same height? Reason I ask is because there is a nice flat spot on the door panel and it seems it would be easier to use. I can surface mount the tweeter and glass around it. Would it be any benefit to mounting on the a pillar in this instance?

· Registered
10,773 Posts
The sail location (upper door panel, inside of side mirrors) will place the tweeters wider, which will help widen the stage a bit, that's the location I would use. Not only will it be easier to fabricate, but the stage will be wider than if you put them up in the pillars.

· Registered
2011 Prius rsx gs9>apl1 >helix dsp ultra>2 brax mx4’s &jl Audio 600/1> full focal Utopia m
993 Posts
The sail location (upper door panel, inside of side mirrors) will place the tweeters wider, which will help widen the stage a bit, that's the location I would use. Not only will it be easier to fabricate, but the stage will be wider than if you put them up in the pillars.
And he wouldn’t have to run wires to the pillars

· Registered
4,502 Posts
Does width come from tweeters? Mids are way more important, and if the mids are in the doors it’s far better to match the width of the mids with the tweeters imo

I would put the tweeters in the sails and put them more on axis vs cross firing, I am not a fan of eq to make a driver sound like it’s opposite number, I’d rather have two drivers that are equally off axis, normally this is somewhere between the headrest as far as aims, maybe a little towards each sides own respective headrest if the stage collapses in somewhat

you want the width of the tweeter to match the width of the mid as much as you can, that way the centre of the tweeter will match the centre of the tweeters far better, perfect staging is two point sources (this is why widebands do such a good job of staging… they do have other down sides however, it’s swings and roundabouts)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.