·
Registered
293 Posts
Sweet!

Thanks for sharing that :)

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Very nice, simple yet professional results. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I would be interested in letters, two or three letters.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I am not sure what you are asking?
Sorry, I meant embossing two letters or three. You know like "JL" or "PG" or your own initials to the grills.

I believe its possible more work will be involved, I would assume.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry, I meant embossing two letters or three. You know like "JL" or "PG" or your own initials to the grills.

I believe its possible more work will be involved, I would assume.
Oh, gotcha.. yeah.. It is just a matter of making more cutouts... You can really do any shapes you want. The biggest concern is trying to make too much relief, because the metal can tear...

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Oh, gotcha.. yeah.. It is just a matter of making more cutouts... You can really do any shapes you want. The biggest concern is trying to make too much relief, because the metal can tear...
Exactly, maybe just embossed about 3/16" any more and the metal would tear just as you stated.

Hopefully someone here has the guts to pull it off and show off their one of a kind grill.

·
Banned
8,731 Posts
That was a test piece, what grill material did you actually used for that project?

·
Registered
660 Posts
I used that method back in 2001 to implement a cold air intake on my CBR929 front fairing. I used aluminium for my template since I was working with 3/16" tolerance. But it is amazing how similar our minds works when we need to achieve something.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts