DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Raamaudio no longer has a storefront selling noise control products. Is that true or am I just terrible at searching ?

I bought some stuff on Amazon but its thicker than I like, and I can find the product from foam stores but with no adhesive backing.
Its just once I find a product I like I stick with it. I now Resonix probably sells something simliar but shipping from New York to Seattle is prohibitive.

I can find and use other products, heck bare ensolite is much cheaper and I can jsut adehesive spray, but I was just curious if they are no longer selling the original product and if people have found a good substitute. I use it mostly to decouple MLV and lead sheet, but its also nice as a "tape" on wires and other moving parts that shake around.

· Registered
1,065 Posts
Well that stinks! I've used the product for years, but I understand that times change and business needs will change to accommodate dollars and sense! One of my favorite uses is as a drawer liner in my tool box. Just enough give so that a 1/4" extension will dimple enough to keep it from wandering aimlessly!

· Banned
24,246 Posts
Well that stinks! I've used the product for years, but I understand that times change and business needs will change to accommodate dollars and sense! One of my favorite uses is as a drawer liner in my tool box. Just enough give so that a 1/4" extension will dimple enough to keep it from wandering aimlessly!
Raammat's foam was a super basic and very common formula. Its easy to find for much cheaper (without adhesive backing) if that's what you want to use it for. For automotive purposes, it's not ideal. Too stiff for what we want in a foam, and it breaks down over the years due to temperature fluctuations. We did an Audi that used it in the past (about 8 or so years prior) and it got hard and started to turn into dust when you touched it.

· Registered
2020 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
232 Posts
Just to add, the Resonix CLD tiles are pretty damn amazing. I installed the CLD and some Second Skin mega zorbe in my front doors and the difference is extremely noticeable. My front doors are are several pounds heavier now and close with a dull thud. I need to order more material for my rear doors so I can get them on the same level.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.