DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at these two sets of speakers.

Both have won the EISA European In-Car Speaker System (Audison 2010-11, Rainbow 2014-15)

Both I can get for the same price.

Any set can be powered from 75-150rms.

Which one would you pick?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Rainbow, obviously, has a super-great reputation. I hope to hear them, but have not yet.

I do have Voce AVK6, and I really like them, especially the smooth and clear treble. Gentle on the ears, even when loud, especially with a good amp (I use a bridged Arc XDi 600.4, with 150 rms, which I will run active with all four channels separate when I get a DSP).

Some people say Voce midbass is not strong enough for them, but I wonder if they had enough clean power, if the doors were sound-deadened, and if they were broken in. I find that they hit good and clear with 150 rms, and keep getting better, after they are broken in.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Rainbow, obviously, has a super-great reputation. I hope to hear them, but have not yet.

I do have Voce AVK6, and I really like them, especially the smooth and clear treble. Gentle on the ears, even when loud, especially with a good amp (I use a bridged Arc XDi 600.4, with 150 rms, which I will run active with all four channels separate when I get a DSP).

Some people say Voce midbass is not strong enough for them, but I wonder if they had enough clean power, if the doors were sound-deadened, and if they were broken in. I find that they hit good and clear with 150 rms, and keep getting better, after they are broken in.

U said u have the Arc bridged with 150rms? Doesn't the 600.4 bridged give you 300x2?

But Rainbows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
406 Posts
ANother vote for the Rainbows. ++Profi 3 way set for many years..

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm very familiar with K6, actually this is our best sell item with very good mid & smooth mid/bass.. until yesterday I tried the Germanium active 3-way .. clean, musical & accurate sure the strong points of Rainbow ...

For my personal hobby .. Germanium has the advantage ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts