DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've seen this thread on here before but I'd like some input from someone who's heard all three sets. Which are the best components?

Rainbow SLC $200
HAT Imagines $300
ID CTX $170

If any of them sound similar I'd go with the cheaper pair but if the HAT's sound THAT much better than the others then I'd go with them. I'd need the 6.5" if that makes a difference

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
HAT Imagine can sound great if you run them active and tune them right. But when running with the stock passive crossover network, some people report that tweeter sounds too loud. This is a relatively high resonance tweeter so it can also sound harsh due to a shallow crossover slope. This of course depends on the tweeter placement. People have said the passive is optimaized to use these speakers as a coaxial speaker.

I'd recommend to look into JBL MS-62C speakers as a lot of people have said that they sound pretty good "out of box".

·
Registered
153 Posts
I liked the rainbow tweeters better than the ID. but I liked the ID mids a little better than the rainbows lol. I liked both mids but the ID tweeters were a little bright for me. not all that bad though.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
If your car can accept oval 5x7 speakers, I'd say buy the Image Dynamics XS-57 that sonicelectronix is selling for just under $300 right now. These are high end speakers normally priced >$400 a set. Very good reviews.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the imagines, they really should be ran active and they sound REALLY damn good when active. right now I have them passive running off the built in crossover and for some reason it keeps blowing my tweeters? makes no sense. I will have to run my speakers active again when I get my new rainbow cal 25 silk slc tweeters

1 - 6 of 6 Posts