#1 ·
Hi all,

Current system is:
2015 F150 platinum and I have over sound deadened
SI active 3 way up front
SI M3 center channel
Morel tempest coax in rear
Alpine PXE 0850S DSP
RF DSR1 as a pass through integration (been replaced for noise and still have same issue)
MMATS hifi6150D amp for front stage
JL 600.4HD for rear and front center channel
JL 750/1HD for sub
2 SI BM MKV subs

When the alpine is using the DSR1 I get a very high pitch whine that goes up and down. like the old missile defense game. it’s not associated with RPM etc. I have 0-gauge power and neg ran and even jumped the DSR1 Neg to that system as well.

When I connect to the Alpine via Bluetooth the sound is perfect. Can’t figure it out what’s with sound going to the DSR1.

The thought is to replace the head unit with aftermarket and sell off the DSR1. I have been eyeing one of the tesla type screens https://www.phoenixautomotiveinc.com but they only have 4 RCA out and I am not sure of their SQ or if the alpine DSP will be able to up mix to my current setup.

any thoughts on these?

that or just get a double din alpine or Kenwood etc.

See less See more
#5 ·
The alpine accepts high level inputs and does input summing if needed. Any reason why you haven't tried to run the high level from the headunit/factory amp into the alpine?

#6 ·
no real reason to be honest. i tried the DSR1 first and wasnt happy then got the alpine dsp and still not happy. i hate sync 2 from ford so i am nearly dead set on changing it to a double Din or nicer looking tesla style radio.. just havent heard and seen reviews on them from audio guys yet

#7 ·
If you like the sound with the Alpine using Bluetooth, i would definitely try to use it with high level inputs. Might as well maximize what you already own before buying more stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.