DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am having a bit of a problem with my current setup. It seems like over the past two weeks or so I have developed a very high pitched tone coming through my tweeters starting about 15-20 minutes into use of the system. It doesn't vary with the RPM's so I am guessing its not alternator whine. It doesn't always happen though kinda random.

I currently have a Alpine CDA-7998 running two way active with Diamond M5 tweeters from a components set that is like 12 years old and Boston Pro 6.5 mids that are maybe from 2004. The sub is a last generation Alpine Type R 10 and amp is a Massive NX5.

Any ideas of where to start looking for problems. If it matters car is a 2011 Scion XB. Thanks for any help you can give.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hum... Is it the left side or right side? So you are only hearing this noise from the tweeters? I would first check the rca's make sure the rca's are giving a good clean signal to the amp. I would try switching the rca for the tweeter with the rca for the mid bass. Then if that is okay, I would try to switch the power output wire for the tweeter and the mid bass from the amp. This 2 steps will help isolate if the rca's you are using is bad or not, or if the amp's output circuit is producing the sound or not. You need to spend time to debug little issue's like this... I thought my rca's was all good when I had one side of the speaker glitching on and off. I thought it was my amp until I used another set of rca's. So you need to be patient and just play around to help figure where the sound is comming from. Goodluck and keep us updated... Steven.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts