DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering an Evoque Coupe as my new daily driver. When looking at the speaker locations they have some potential in my mind. There is an underseat subwoofer which I though would be better served as a woofer for the front stage by putting one under each front seat and skip using the 6.5 in the lower part of the door. Proper subwoofer added to the hatch area ofcouse.

The Evoques come with two versions of the Meridian speaker and what little research I've done shows them to be an ok speaker. They do use a DSP with the system but my thoughts are as followed. Bypass the factory amp/dsp and install a nice 6-channel w/DSP utilizing the factory speakers and tune it for SQ

What are your thoughts and opinions on this? I don't want your opinion on the reliability of Land Rover products. I'm aware.
Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Grille

Super Moderator
I'm no stereo expert, but since I see a Tweeter, Mid and Woofer mounted in the door, I'd keep those locations (upgraded to better components), dump the ass-sub (unless you like the vibration), do your rear hatch speaker idea, and add a 6/8 channel amp, along with a Sub amp...

Actually, much like I did in my non-Landrover SUV...

Reactions: spent

Banned
My step daughter has an older Range Rover Sport & none of the local shops wanted to get rid of the OEM amp because the headunit only has Fiber Optic output.
Helix SDMI25 will take care of that.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not after all the repair visits... 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ
But I do want to add, as justification in my mind, because I like cars that are different,, that the 2.0 turbo engine(ECO Boost) is source from Ford. The transmission is a ZF unit also used in Jeeps. The AWD is basically the same as the Ford Focus RS and the AUDI RS Q3 sourced from GKN. Not a proper 4-wheel drive unit for off-roading but a great platform for all weather driving. All these parts are relatively reliable, but it is still a Range Rover.

Now I've just talked myself into wanting the Evoque again. I have issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.