DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition, 2019 For Expedition Limited Stealth, 2018 Subaru Impeza
251 Posts
Just bid on BOTH. Hope I will them, these are exactly the amps I wanted for an "Old School" build a while back. If I win them, I'll be back in the market for a set of Boston Acoustics Pro Series 6.53's and (3x) JL Audio 12W6 v1's. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Someone should get in contact with the seller. This is what was put as the description on the A1200.2 "6.5 inch monitors sold today as a pair. In good working condition. We are a merchant and take credit card payments directly. No Pay Pal. Screens do have some small scratches. This auction is for 2 of these monitors. ask a seller or call 713-981-8455 for questions" According to this they're monitors.

·
Classic cars & McIntosh
846 Posts
Last feedback 2006......no Paypal accepted......crappy pics. Be careful out there.

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last feedback 2006......no Paypal accepted......crappy pics. Be careful out there.
No PayPal.
Missed that.
Good catch!
Red flag on that one!
Too much money involved not to have protection.

EDIT:
I just went back and checked and it looks like mc or visa for payment which has some protection.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
Classic cars & McIntosh
846 Posts
LMAO @ people thinking paypal protects you more than MC or VISA.
I've done thousands of transactions through Paypal since way back before Ebay owned them and haven't lost a dime to anything relating to fraud.

If a person decides to buy these amps and give the seller their credit card number, CVV number, name, billing address, and phone number.......well now they have just about everything needed to steal your identity. Not saying that would happen, but I sure as hell wouldn't do it with some unknown person from Ebay.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've done thousands of transactions through Paypal since way back before Ebay owned them and haven't lost a dime to anything relating to fraud.

If a person decides to buy these amps and give the seller their credit card number, CVV number, name, billing address, and phone number.......well now they have just about everything needed to steal your identity. Not saying that would happen, but I sure as hell wouldn't do it with some unknown person from Ebay.
lol you've never ordered anything with a credit card/debit card over the phone?
they still need your SSN.

do yourself a favor and research the paypal chargeback scam.

·
Classic cars & McIntosh
846 Posts
lol you've never ordered anything with a credit card/debit card over the phone?
they still need your SSN.

do yourself a favor and research the paypal chargeback scam.
Yes. I have ordered plenty over the phone with a credit card, but only from a legitimate business.
Debit card over the phone? Hell no.
SSN over the phone? Who asks for and expects a SSN over the phone? Maybe you meant the CVV.

If you want to give some unknown Ebay seller, with no feedback since 2006 your personal information then be my guest. Evidentially I'm in the minority here, because plenty of people are bidding on the amps.

Like I said, I have done thousands of deals through Paypal and have not lost one penny due to scam. Maybe I am more versed in their policies than you realize.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yes. I have ordered plenty over the phone with a credit card, but only from a legitimate business.
Debit card over the phone? Hell no.
SSN over the phone? Who asks for and expects a SSN over the phone? Maybe you meant the CVV.

If you want to give some unknown Ebay seller, with no feedback since 2006 your personal information then be my guest. Evidentially I'm in the minority here, because plenty of people are bidding on the amps.

Like I said, I have done thousands of deals through Paypal and have not lost one penny due to scam. Maybe I am more versed in their policies than you realize.
you still haven't looked up the paypal chargeback scam.

there have been multiple people, ebay and non-ebay, who have made purchases of items (usually bigger ticket items, i.e. 11k rolex watch) through paypal with a credit card and even emailed the seller "hey, got the watch, thanks!"
then they turn around and go to their bank or cc company and do a chargeback.

in order for you to contest this, you have to contact the cc company with your information, but paypal will not release the information of the cc company to you, so you end up not being able to contest it.

ask me how i know. i got a gift payment from a buyer once, and told him no credit card payments (although you can't see it as the receiver of the payment) and he did a chargeback and claimed he never got his item. i provided all my info to paypal directly, but they couldn't do anything nor could they release any information on which bank or credit card company to contact to contest the chargeback.

so yeah, you can have 938493849384 safe transactions on paypal; lucky you. you've probably used it for smaller items, or have gotten lucky with honest sellers/buyers. I, and many others, unfortunately...were not so lucky.

·
Classic cars & McIntosh
846 Posts
I already knew about the charge back scams, so no need to look them up.

Sorry to hear you got scammed. If you received a gift payment you didn't get his Paypal confirmed address, hence the reason he was able to scam you. Gift payments do not include confirmed shipping information and have no seller protection. Paypal has no obligation to help out in that situation.

Anyone that knows me, also knows I don't typically buy and sell "smaller items". I don't think it's all luck either. I ship everything to confirmed addresses, with tracking, and adult signature on anything over $250.00. Never had a problem on my end as a seller. I have been scammed many times as a buyer, but always have gotten the money back.

·
Registered
85 Posts
you couldn't be more wrong about a gift payment. paypal actually initially ruled in MY favor and i kept my money initially, because it is viewed by them as a personal payment. in fact, i didn't even have to provide shipping information at all. i spoke to a paypal employee and he told me to put "personal payment" under shipping information so it was easier for them to see it/flag it as a gift payment.

then the buyer did a chargeback and boom, i was helpless. people have done paypal chargeback scams on confirmed addresses many times, so maybe you don't know about the subject as well as you think. but hey, argue all you want. i'm telling you straight up facts.

·
Classic cars & McIntosh
846 Posts
What you are missing in this is Paypal is not obligated to help you since it was a gift payment. You blame them, but you are the one that circumvented their rules by accepting payment for merchandise via a gift payment. Again, sorry you got scammed, but I'm not the bad guy here.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Oh no, someone must have got thru to the seller and had him close the auction early for the 606! No protection for the buyer in that case.. hope all goes well for whom ever it is.

·
Registered
85 Posts
What you are missing in this is Paypal is not obligated to help you since it was a gift payment. You blame them, but you are the one that circumvented their rules by accepting payment for merchandise via a gift payment. Again, sorry you got scammed, but I'm not the bad guy here.
wow you're thick headed. they ruled in my favor and let me keep my money when he filed the claim through paypal, because with a gift payment; it's a personal payment and does not even need a verified address.

it was when he had the bank or credit card company do a chargeback that they do not help you, gift payment or not.

and in a case of a chargeback, sending to a verified address or not DOESN'T MEAN SH!T. but, keep arguing the gift payment angle buddy.

High PayPal Fraud & PayPal Scams

1 - 15 of 15 Posts