DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting ready to do up my own RCA's and Im having trouble picking out RCA ends. Ill need 6 of them. Obviously a set of 4 channels for my 2 way active front stage and a set for sub duty. Because of this Id like three colors to distinguish each set.

Im hoping someone here has used these or has some input on what I should be looking for (solderless, screw style, etc.). Here is what Ive come up with so far:

Option 1 (1 pair white/white, 1 pair red/red, 1 pair red/white) :

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Option 2 (1 pair blue, 1 pair white, 1 pair red) :

24K Gold Premium RCA Connector - Blue Band | eBay
24K Gold Premium RCA Connector - Red Band | eBay
24K Gold Premium RCA Connector - White Band | eBay

Option 3 (I like this style the best, dark color and longer outer piece):

WBT 0144R Midline RCA Solder Connector Red

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Why not just use heatshrink to distinguish the difference? That way all ends are the same and stay clean
I could do that. I have plenty of heatshrink. Ive got about 50 ft of it in various sizes and colors.

Either way I still need to pick connectors. I saw some old thread here with Zero Noise RCA ends. I think it was a bag of like 50 of them for $7-$9 a bag. Id like to find something like that so I have some room to play around and not screw up. I dont know whats best. Solderless, solder type, screw on, etc.

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
^^ X2. solder. any other type will give you headaches.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I like the ends from Vampire Wire myself. I found a set of these cables in a car in a salvage one time, and ordered a handful of new ends and cable to make more. Very nice quality. Google em.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the ends from Vampire Wire myself. I found a set of these cables in a car in a salvage one time, and ordered a handful of new ends and cable to make more. Very nice quality. Google em.
I did and $25 a pair is a little steep for what I want to do.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'd be curious to see some options but I just bought the current Stinger HPM versions. They are nice looking and the connection seems good but I haven't installed them yet.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The solder on Nakamichi's with the locking rings are your best bet. You get the signal transfer of the solder on with the safety of locking tips. The build quality of them is excellent, especially when you consider the price. Go for the ones with the machined aluminum bodies to save some money over the chrome plated versions.
I built a bunch of custom length cables for my home theatre over a year ago and have had no issues whatsoever.
JMTCW

Mike

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The solder on Nakamichi's with the locking rings are your best bet. You get the signal transfer of the solder on with the safety of locking tips. The build quality of them is excellent, especially when you consider the price. Go for the ones with the machined aluminum bodies to save some money over the chrome plated versions.
I built a bunch of custom length cables for my home theatre over a year ago and have had no issues whatsoever.
JMTCW

Mike
The Nak ends look like a great buy. Have a link to the ones your referring to?

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
I use Streetwires ZN5.0 ends, nice low profile...

They are for twisted pair though, so the cable hole is small...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts