DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum but have been into car audio for a while. I just got a new car and i am going to be putting my system back together but need to know who makes a good rca cable. I will be running a set of 2 way components up front not sure what kind yet. And my subs are id max 10 each to be powered buy a studio 500 by zapco. The frontstage amp is a zapco z150. I just want some oponions on a good set of rca cables. There are alot of them out there and i havent a clue whats a good brand to go with. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Make your own! It's pretty easy and a lot more fun. You can get great results and quality while spending much less money.

Befriend the search function of the forum. I am writing this from my iphone, so I don't have the link readily available, but there is a long ongoing thread on diy rcas that has some great info.

I recently made a new set for my fiancée's car with Canare LV-77S coaxial cable and Atlona RCA connectors. If it would help I can snap some shots of them when I get home to give you an idea (although there are several great examples in the thread I mentioned). I hope that helps.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you've decided you didn't want to make your own the RF brand you can buy directly from them are good. I got 2 sets of the 10ft lenght true twisted pair and they work great. Monster makes a good one which it's twisted and actually wrapped in a protective foil shielding as well but they will cost you more.

And they only cost me 11.99 each, not to bad if you asked me.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
IMO the Knukonceptz mid-line is pretty good for the dollar, as is the Kicker overstock stuff on Amazon.

To a point, wire is wire.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
should be shielded and should be well made (meaning it won't fall apart)

you can get stinger from darvex.com - i'd use that way before knu

otherwise You can make your own or someone can make them for you (i suppose I could)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts