DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm connecting three amps to my deck, but my issue is that I have three RCA cables (one from each amp) but my HU only has one set of inputs. I've heard of something called a crossover box with multiple inputs and one output. I need one with three in and one out. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
443 Posts
You can use RCA "splitters" or "Y's".

They come as short cables or as solid metal/plastic blocks. I prefer the cables! Also check your amps...many have a "pass through" for signal and you could just daisy chain them.

If you are going to be running an active setup, you would need the electronic crossover.

Robert

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
If I understand what you are saying you need something that will accept one output (from the deck) and give you 6 channels of output to your amps. Look into a in dash equalizer. It will do exactly what you are needing plus give you some added features depending on the unit you chose.

Here is one for an example -

Clarion EQS746 7-Band Equalizer/EQ (EQS-746)

There are many more so look for one that fits your needs.

·
Registered
510 Posts
who calls it a deck? i thought that term was associated with "tape decks" i don't call mine a cd deck instead of cd player. head unit, receiver, radio are all better terms in my opinion. AudioControl has more than one product that would also fit your needs. DQX & DQXS add a fair amount of EQ-ing too. go all out with an MS-8 or audison's unit.

·
Registered
965 Posts
who calls it a deck? i thought that term was associated with "tape decks" i don't call mine a cd deck instead of cd player. head unit, receiver, radio are all better terms in my opinion. AudioControl has more than one product that would also fit your needs. DQX & DQXS add a fair amount of EQ-ing too. go all out with an MS-8 or audison's unit.
Oh wow. Really. Come on. We all knew what he meant! If you wanted to be a dick about something, maybe you could have said something about him switching up the use of terms input/output. Lots of people still refer to HU's as decks, especially casual users.

·
Registered
510 Posts
i wasn't trying to be a dick by any means, damn interwebz and lack of emotion in a statement.

i'm curious as to why it is still referred to as such. nostalgia perhaps? i don't consider any of my mp3 players as Walkmans, well i might if i had an actual Sony one, even though they serve the same purpose as the units of yesteryear. last time i heard "deck" used in this respect in person was by some teenager at walmart trying to ask the people at the lube center about a LOC. seriously, nothing dick-ish is meant by my statement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts