DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re XXX like new in box. $200 shipped.

Adire extremis. Used but in good condition. 1 driver has a small tear in the surround that's a cheap fix with some epoxy. $140 shipped.

Crown xls 402 amplifier. Like new in box. $220 + shipping (~30lbs).

- 2 x 260w @ 8 ohms
- 2 x 400w @ 4 ohms
- 2 x 570w @ 2 ohms
- 1 x 800w @ 8 ohm
- 1 x 1140w @ 4 ohm

Independent dual left and right gain controls. 115v home/pro unit, rack mountable.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
What size is the XXX?

·
Registered
15 Posts
damn, that crown is calling my name. any idea on current draw? wondering if it'll be popping the circuit breaker for my room, i think my outlets are only on a 15amp breaker.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No idea on current draw.

Still have the XXX, and crown for sale...

·
Registered
929 Posts
I got my extremis in today so far not so good. :( The low end on these things are good but the midrange is none exsistent. I think I need to either switch the polarity, adjust the amplifier gain, and/or let it be in free air. I am not sure but all I know is that my CDT Eurosports are louder and the Midrange is much clearer. There is a huge difference in the two and I have to find out why.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
$160 for the XXX, plus actual shipping from 94602 for 15lbs. These are pretty much new in box.

Crown xls 402 $199 plus actual shipping from 94602 for 33lbs. In very good condition.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
matdotcom2000 said:
I got my extremis in today so far not so good. :( The low end on these things are good but the midrange is none exsistent. I think I need to either switch the polarity, adjust the amplifier gain, and/or let it be in free air. I am not sure but all I know is that my CDT Eurosports are louder and the Midrange is much clearer. There is a huge difference in the two and I have to find out why.
How do you have them installed? Too small of a sealed enclosure will give a large boost to the mid/bass and lower midrange that could make it sound muddy.

Just think that for what you paid, there are people out there buying Pioneer coaxes :)

·
Registered
929 Posts
I have them in enclosed baffles with polyfill in them. I am going to switch the polarity and have them free air in the door and see how they perform. My main goal for buying these was to replace my 6.5 CDT Eurosports with a better speaker for cheaper and get some bass with it (basically put it in CDTs face). I will update you all later to give my results with the changes that I make. Hopefully I will find some Nervana with these speakers.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
matdotcom2000 said:
I have them in enclosed baffles with polyfill in them. I am going to switch the polarity and have them free air in the door and see how they perform. My main goal for buying these was to replace my 6.5 CDT Eurosports with a better speaker for cheaper and get some bass with it (basically put it in CDTs face). I will update you all later to give my results with the changes that I make. Hopefully I will find some Nervana with these speakers.
Ah maybe the Seas G18's then... they sound almost identical to the CDT midrange wise, but with significantly more bass output... and they're cheaper.

·
Registered
149 Posts
You shouldn't have major problems running the crown off the wall... I used to run a QSC RMX1450 and a PLX3402 off the same outlet for the PA in my band. Never experienced any problems with blown breakers, or hot cords. The specs posted on the manu. websites are pretty much running at full tilt, they almost never actually draw that much current.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
QSC RMX are nice amps... I like their price too!

·
Registered
929 Posts
npdang said:
Ah maybe the Seas G18's then... they sound almost identical to the CDT midrange wise, but with significantly more bass output... and they're cheaper.
Do you have any in stock??

·
Registered
149 Posts
Man, that RMX was a tank.... 44lbs, it took some abuse that no piece of electronics should have to take and kept on ticking... I would pick up your crown for the bass guitar rig I'm building right now if I wasn't so broke :(

Its a good deal....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts