DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have 2 factory 20w 4ohm 6 ½” in my rear doors and I am sure they are only woofers. As part of my current plan I was going to abandon them and put 6x9’s in the rear deck to replace them, my question is should I? Will it make any difference? I am also beginning to think I need a small sub in the trunk to get some of the bottom end factory units lack.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Nah. Just run the stock rears off headunit power only. Concentrate on your front stage and getting those sub lows up front.

·
Premium Member
9,129 Posts
You already have my feedback on the build... front components, subwoofer, dsp, amp, sound treatment.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I do rton20s and I thank you for it. Forthe rears you said 6's, 6x9's or stock. I was just wondering of going the 6x9 in the rear deck would be any different than staying with the 6 1/2's in the door. Less wiring needed if I stay in the doors. Not trying to 2nd guess you just wondering if it would really make any difference.

·
Premium Member
9,129 Posts
I didn't take it as second guessing. I know you're just trying to gather info and opinions.

There will definitely be a difference between 6s in the rear doors (stock or aftermarket) and 6x9s in the rear deck. One isn't necessarily better than the other, but they will provide different results and one or the other may better suit an individuals preferences. For myself, it wouldn't worth the effort to add the 6x9s to the rear deck or replace the rear door speakers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts