DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a pair of Boston ProSeries 6.5's and i plan on giving them 320w each. I also have 100w x2 amp i plan on using for the rear speakers but am not sure what to get. They need to be coaxial, 4" or 5.25", and have no trouble handling the 100w each.

So far I've looking looking into either a pair of Diamond component/coaxials the d651i or the Alpine type-r coaxials SPR-17C. I would be happier with a pair of non-mainstream speakers but haven't had any luck finding any that would work.

Any suggestions would be great! thanks

·
Registered
12,571 Posts
3" Midrange

T-S Parameters
Resonance Frequency fs 300 Hz
Mechanical Q factor Qms 7.75
Electrical Q factor Qes 2.22
Total Q factor Qts --
Force factor Bl 4.7 Tm
Mechanical resistance Rms -- Kg/s
Moving mass Mms 3.3 g
Suspension compliance Cms -- mm/N
Effective cone diameter D -- cm
Effective piston area Sd 55 cm2
Equivalent volume Vas -- ltrs
Sensitivity 92 dB

http://www.solen.ca/pdf/vifa/d75mx4108.pdf

D75MX4108 75mm Textile Dome Midrange

Technical documentation VIFA D75MX4108

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
The purpose of utilizing just a mid-range for rear fill is to keep certain frequencies from competing with the tweeters and mid bass in the front. From what I've read rear fill isn't for the sake of adding speakers to the rear of the vehicle for passengers n' such. Their intent is to help accentuate for the purposes of the "stage".

I may have misunderstood your question to the OP...sorry about that

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
The purpose of utilizing just a mid-range for rear fill is to keep certain frequencies from competing with the tweeters and mid bass in the front. From what I've read rear fill isn't for the sake of adding speakers to the rear of the vehicle for passengers n' such. Their intent is to help accentuate for the purposes of the "stage".

I may have misunderstood your question to the OP...sorry about that
Rear fill can be a good thing if you're able to use T/A on them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright so maybe i should rephrase my question, my bad i guess I'm not actually looking for rear fill but just a pair of speakers that will give the rear passengers a similar experience as myself.

For a sub i plan on getting a PG Ti12D and giving it at least 1200w and i feel that this might limit the rear passengers ability to hear anything else unless i get a pair for the rear that's loud enough. It's all going into an Impreza wagon BTW

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Alright so maybe i should rephrase my question, my bad i guess I'm not actually looking for rear fill but just a pair of speakers that will give the rear passengers a similar experience as myself.

For a sub i plan on getting a PG Ti12D and giving it at least 1200w and i feel that this might limit the rear passengers ability to hear anything else unless i get a pair for the rear that's loud enough. It's all going into an Impreza wagon BTW
I would focus on the front stage the rear passenger should still be able to appreciate the Vibrations.

·
Old Schooler
962 Posts

·
Registered
2,613 Posts

If that's the case then I'd invest in the front speakers and try to leave the back speakers as stock

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So what I'm getting from you guys is basically screw the rear passengers, am i right? You see I'm not really sure if that's the approach I'm trying to take... :p

When I've got little to do and me and my buddies drive around for a few hours bumpin' tunes I'm not too sure how happy my back passengers will be listening to just 80hz or so and below :laugh:

And i mean I've already got the amp so fuck it, why not spend a few more bucks and give everyone the full spectrum! I'm not really too worried about imaging anyways, just want a system that will get mad loud and low without getting sloppy and having any huge peaks or dips other than the large peak i hope on accomplishing below ~200hz

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've already invested all i plan on investing in my front speakers and amp anyways

And thanks for the invite Mr Marv, sounds pretty sweet and I'll definitely try and make it. Never actually been to an audio meet but have been wanting too for bit now, just kinda new to the game and not too sure how to find out about these things. It would be nice to actually have some real systems to refer to other than the few poorly put together ones I've come across here and there :)

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
The reason we say that is because most people don't enjoy good clean audio like most of the members here.

I'm running stock speakers off an alpine H/U(build is kinda slow :() and most people think I just need a sub now. I can hear all kinds of trash I can't stand. Agreed, it's a huge improvement over sound from the stock H/U but I don't see how everybody is so happy with what I did.

Since it's your car and your build we don't see the point in compromising the SQ for something your buddies probably won't realize or understand. So how about this...

Attempt to set it up so that you can have both, SQ and cruisin fun? You can get some basic infinity, type R's, or something rather for the rear and only turn it on when you're out cruising? Then you can save some money for a better quality install for the aspect of the system that is tuned for you?

·
Old Schooler
962 Posts
I've already invested all i plan on investing in my front speakers and amp anyways

And thanks for the invite Mr Marv, sounds pretty sweet and I'll definitely try and make it. Never actually been to an audio meet but have been wanting too for bit now, just kinda new to the game and not too sure how to find out about these things. It would be nice to actually have some real systems to refer to other than the few poorly put together ones I've come across here and there :)
You are the exact kind of person who could benefit from the BBQ/Meet Rootbeer! :) As you know you can only learn so much from the forums and without a reference it's kind of hard to get where you want to go which is the reason I started these meets (this is the 8th one!)! Also, this is not a "competition" (if you want to try that we have an IASCA show the following day :D) rather the goal is to put the less experienced together with the more experienced so don't feel intimidated in any way as you'll find a lot of guys are more than willing to help you out without "judging" you. Also, you'll get a chance to meet numerous manufacturers and hear their demo cars/check out their gear up close, get an opportunity to win some really nice gear and get to eat some pretty good BBQ id I do say so myself! :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts