DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah I know, another one...

I read through most of the threads on setting up a differential rear fill, and maybe I'm dense but the wiring side of it is still not super clear to me.

I'm not looking to debate whether it's good or bad etc, I'm just looking to experiment and get some help on the wiring.

I'm using an APF8.9bit and my stock rears. I've got digital input going into the amp, and it's a DSP/amp in one so I can't change anything in the middle.
I can't mix the signals in the DSP like the helix can, but I can invert polarity on just 1 or both of the rear channels.

So does this diagram look like it will create the differential signal? Based off the stickied threads.
Would this be a mono signal playing in both speakers, minus the center information?
Or would I actually be getting left signal minus center to the left speaker, and right signal minus center to the right speaker?

Should I be connecting to the (-) on ch8 or (+)? ch7(+)>speakers>ch8(+) is what I gathered from my reading but it doesn't seam right...don't I need a ground somewhere?

In this configuration the amp itself is NOT bridged.

From there I can bandpass, delay/TA, EQ, etc.

Font Rectangle Parallel Circle Pattern

I'm also looking at this diagram, but the difference here is I have separate channels for front and rear - here it's just 2 channels.

Grey Wood Font Twig Electric blue

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I got this wired up per my first diagram and I'm getting sound from the left rear but not right rear. Played a left/right/center track and hear left and center from the left speaker but nothing else. No right signal, and it seems like nothing is coming from the right speaker.

Seems like the right rear channel isn't working at all, I get nothing from it even with the left channel muted. Might need to troubleshoot the wiring.

·
Registered
719 Posts
So I got this wired up per my first diagram and I'm getting sound from the left rear but not right rear. Played a left/right/center track and hear left and center from the left speaker but nothing else. No right signal, and it seems like nothing is coming from the right speaker.

Seems like the right rear channel isn't working at all, I get nothing from it even with the left channel muted. Might need to troubleshoot the wiring.
If your amplifier can be bridged, then the polarity of the input and the output are already inverted in one channel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If your amplifier can be bridged, then the polarity of the input and the output are already inverted in one channel.
Is that true even if the amp isn't set to be bridged?

I tried both inverted and not and there was no difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts