DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a boat that I've installed a Pyle PLCDBT75MRB (40 watts x 4) receiver and two Boss MR6W 180 Watt speakers. Once installed everything seemed to work beautifully for 5-10 minutes while testing. The next day I tested it again and everything instantly shut down after 2-3 minutes of use. I disconnected one of the speakers and it seems to work fine for about 10 minutes again. Now, every time I try to turn the system on, it shuts down within 30 seconds. Battery is fully charged. I did no go out and buy these, they were a gift, but everything is new out of the box. Any input on what the issue is, and a solution?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Check your speaker wires. It sounds like one or both is shorted. With the HU off and the speakers disconnected, check the resistance across the speaker wires from the HU with a DMM. It should be quite high. If not, replace the wires and try again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check your speaker wires. It sounds like one or both is shorted. With the HU off and the speakers disconnected, check the resistance across the speaker wires from the HU with a DMM. It should be quite high. If not, replace the wires and try again.
I tested the wires at the speaker end, they were reading over 100. Does that sound right? Also tested the battery voltage, which was 13 and 14 while on a trickle charger. While doing all this I also disconnected the speaker wire harness from the back of the HU, the HU was still shutting down after a short time. Does this indicate there is a problem with the HU itself?

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts