·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some that come to mind are:

fountek ribbons
(would have to make custome kicks)

lpg
(higherst Fs of the bunch but could mount these in my door)

dayton ref
(would probably need to custom fabricate these into kicks too)

kicker ss
(expensive and not a lot of feedback on these)
any others?????

--------------------------------------------------

first off im aprehensive mounting tweets low, like in kicks, but most feel this isnt an issue...

whatever tweet io go w/ wouyld be fed by a PG ms275

paired up w/ peerless csc-x 6.5" running off a bridged helix 400mkII

planing on swaping these out too, but not sure what.... maybe seas excel?

·
Registered
36 Posts
pervo said:
ive read negitive coments on the daytons... stating that playing them that low doesnt sount very good

is this unfounded

havent heard the same about any ribbons
ive got mine crossed @1.5k 12dB/oct with no complaints. they are mounted in stock dash locations. there was a very noticeable rise in stage height going from compact tweeters mounted low and forward on the doors and crossed at 3.5k. imo, they blend with my koda mids quite nicely, although i actually need to lower the low pass on the mids a tad.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The daytons sound quite nice to me... Very detailed and refined... I have been using a 1780hz xover point 4th order... They gain a little more clean volume if you push the xover point up to about 2.2khz -- or use a very sharp corner... or with a RLC network at resonance (using the value of the DCR of the inductor) to get nearly a 10th order rolloff till resonance... :) I havne't tried messing with a C-Elliptical filter but others have used this with great success in the home environment...

The Seas TBFC and TDFC are also very nice -- the TBFC is almost too airy and is very nice if used more than 30 degrees off axis... TDFC is a little smoother... both a *very* good value though :) handle a low xover point as well however they suffer from a dip in the FR under 2khz or thereabouts which gives a little more laid back sound... can be crossed as low as 1.5khz though...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.