DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a 4 channel amp to run my comps and sub. The 3rd and 4th channel bridged needs to be at least 300 watts. A little more would be better. Highly considering this Pioneer if I can find one for around $200 or just over. Can't spend more.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130D4200F/Pioneer-Premier-PRS-D4200F.html?tp=115

Anybody have any good suggestions?? Size might be a factor as well.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
How about an MB Quart DSC4125? 125X2 and 500X1 when bridged to 3 channels.
The DSC480 will do 80X2 and 320X1 in 3-channel mode.
There are plenty of others, those ones just popped into mind since I have a couple DSC480s in the garage. They're well within your price range (mine aren't for sale though).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That one has some pretty good specs. Wonder if its good quality wise.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That's ok, I'm a noobie too.

The PC4800 amp I used to have had 12dB crossovers selectable between LP and HP, and the rear channels had 24dB LP when used in bridged mode. It made 100 x 4 or 400 x 2, pretty impressive.

You can download manuals for most PPI amps from the directed electronics website if you want to study the specs/features further.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a nice one but too big for under my seat. Great numbers though!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks man but thats just too big for my location. Good luck with the sale.

·
Banned
1,808 Posts
The planet audio amp that was linked up should fit under most seats. Otherwise you will need to try a much smaller amp like the Kenwood ICEPower amp which can be had for under $200 but bridged it's like 300-watts, not 600 like some amps.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
I'm a big fan of the PRS Pioneer ICEpower amps, so you get my vote on that one. I've used them with great success before.

Edit:

That big bang is a great value. That Dakmart place has some special home theater stuff CHEAP too. M&K home theater? hmm...

·
Banned
1,808 Posts
I'm a big fan of the PRS Pioneer ICEpower amps, so you get my vote on that one. I've used them with great success before.

Edit:

That big bang is a great value. That Dakmart place has some special home theater stuff CHEAP too. M&K home theater? hmm...
Yeah, it's a great value but the heatsink is a bit small, so I worry about the amp overheating while either running a 2-ohm load or bridging a sub. The amp's power supply may be digital but still, I have to admit it's not going to disapate a whole lot of heat. The amp has a manufacturer's warranty, so it's worth a shot at that price. Longevity is the only question mark in my mind. I even own a Big Bang amp and I'm hesitant to do anymore than 4-ohm in fear of cooking it. That heatsink is just so small for that power output capability. I remain skeptical until I talk with someone who bridged this puppy and ran with it in the summer months without it cooking.

·
Registered
19 Posts
xtant 604x

·
Registered
438 Posts
How about an MB Quart DSC4125? 125X2 and 500X1 when bridged to 3 channels.
The DSC480 will do 80X2 and 320X1 in 3-channel mode.
There are plenty of others, those ones just popped into mind since I have a couple DSC480s in the garage. They're well within your price range (mine aren't for sale though).
I was also going to recommend the MBQuart DSC4125. I'm running 2 6.5s and one DIYMA12 with it and it works great. I think I paid $119 shipped.

·
Registered
590 Posts
If you can still get one, I've been more than pleased with my Zuki Eleets 4. Mine powers a set of PRS Comps and 2 Sundown 10's perfectly.

It's a bit over your budget though at $400.

·
Registered
32 Posts
CDT SQA-4100

4 x 110 or 2 x 320w bridged

1 - 20 of 22 Posts