DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone want to recommend a 10in sub for me.
currently I am running a set of audison voce 6.5s active in a wrx

I have a small 1 ch amp 150 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms 300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms 500 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm

looking for a 10 to run sealed

· Registered
4,298 Posts
Anyone want to recommend a 10in sub for me.
currently I am running a set of audison voce 6.5s active in a wrx

I have a small 1 ch amp 150 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms 300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms 500 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm

looking for a 10 to run sealed
What's your budget?

· Registered
4,298 Posts
as long as my wife is not looking over my shoulder...... no budget
Maybe consider an Audiofrog or something else that is very efficient. Or think outside the box, a more powerful amp plus your choice of sub, or maybe a pair of 8" or 7" dvc subs, something similar to this.

· Registered
504 Posts
How much volume do you have available and why a 10? If you don't have a budget then you could go with 2 10's or even 2 twelves with as little as 1-1.2 ft³ and still not spend a rediculous amount.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

· Registered
146 Posts
If you have the depth - Adire Audio Brahma - fits in half a cube.
Focal 10WM is not shallow (or cheap), but its not normal depth either, something along the lines of 4.5" deep. It fits in a really shallow and small box. 0.5 is fine all the way up to 1.2 cubic feet. I have a single one in my hatchback and it keeps up with my horns and 95db sensitivity midbass. I have 0 complaints with this sub other than the fact that it has mega excursion and as a result you need a lot of room in front of the subwoofer to let it go in and out. 2" or so of clearance. Mine is getting 500-700watts

· Premium Member
2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
298 Posts
If budget is no problem, the Focal Utopia 10's are Excellent. I just installed a pair in a Mazda 6. I was blown away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.