DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Recommend amp kit for 2 speakers, 1 sub, 4 channel amp

7K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Spyke 
#1 ·
what's the best amp kit to hook up 2 component speakers (JBL MS-52C), 1 subwoofer (Arc 12 D2 v2), with a 4 channel amplifier (PPI P900.4). 2 of the channels will be bridged to run the sub. How many rca's, length of wire, etc...

Thinking of mounting amp under the seat, but maybe in the trunk. Don't know yet.

#2 ·
Here a nice kit which includes the following:
0 GAUGE DUAL AMP POWER KIT

Order Online Or Call Today - 216.310.6555 Kolossus Fleks 0 Gauge Dual Amp Power Kit

• 18 Feet 0 Gauge Blue Kolossus Fleks Power Wire
  • 2 Feet 0 Gauge Smoke Kolossus Fleks Ground Wire
  • One FH-20 with Choice of Fuse size
  • 2 Black / 1 Red 0 Gauge ring terminals
  • One KNF-12 Two way Fuse Block with choice of two fuses
  • 6 Feet of 4 Gauge Blue Power Wire
  • 8 Feet of 4 Gauge Smoke Ground Wire
  • 2 Black 4 Gauge ring terminals
  • 5 feet Split Loom and wire ties

#3 ·
#4 ·
Do I really need 4 gauge wire or would 8 gauge be enough? Would it be better to get 8 gauge OFC or 4 gauge CCA? Do I need to just look at the fuse that the kit comes with and compare that to the fuses on my amp? For instance, my amp has a 40A and a 35A fuse, making a total of 75A. So, if the wiring kit has an 80A fuse on it, does that mean it will suffice?

#5 ·
#6 ·
0 gauge is a little overkill with this amplifier. 4awg would be fine. PPI P900.4 will use no more than 80amps of current when driven hard all channels using 2ohm impedance. Any 4awg kit that's rated for 100A or more should work fine. Knu does have an impressive 4awg wire that they claim is good up to 150A. The only issue is whether it fits in the P900.4 power wire connector.

How many sets of RCAs? I'd say two would be good so that you can control subwoofer level from the head unit controls.

#10 ·
Will this kit do the job or should a better kit be used? - 4 gauge amplifier installation kit

"At KnuKonceptz, we do not use "watts" to rate our amp kits. This is a very inaccurate method to determine what the proper gauge wire required for your amp installation. There are many amp manufactures and not all of them represent the output of their product accurately. Please refer to your amplifier's fuse rating, this is a number a manufacture can not fake, well they could but it would put their product in harms way! Add up the fuses on the end of your amp (two 30A fuses = 60A total draw) If this number is under 80A, this kit will fit your application. If over 80A, a larger gauge wire would be required or use our Kolossus Flex 4 gauge amp installation kit. For more information, see our Amp Kit Review."

The number for for the P900.4 is 75A, which is under 80A.

#14 ·
I would vote unnecessary. The idea behind "good" rca's is noise rejection. Most of the time it is a snake oil remedy(meaning that it doesn't do anything) Get that kit. If you're really gonna lose sleep by "what iffing", then spend more and get "better" rca's and speaker wire.;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.