DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum hope I get some attention, I have a pair of Lanzar MX6C component speakers rated at 200w RMS at 4ohms each maximum 400w each. My question is I'm trying to find a decent amplifier that powers them and also a subwoofer in the back. I was thinking about getting Rockford Fosgate R2S-1X12 rated at 250w RMS at 2ohms or Kicker CompVT TCRT12 rated at 600w RMS at 2 or 4ohms. These subs are both shallow woofers and I have limited space in the back Mazda2 2008. I was thinking in getting a 4 channel amp that powers both the front speakers and the subwoofer (later on next year planning to get a pair of rear speaker rated at 200w RMS and then buy a mono amp just for the subwoofer). What do you guys think works best for me or do you have any recommendation of woofer I should buy? I only have the front speakers for now so I'm very flexible in what I can buy. I have a budget of 250€ for the amp.

·
Registered
138 Posts
A few suggestions of good amps at good prices from reputable manufacturers and authorized dealers.

-JL MHX 300/1 - Subwoofer amp $99 at Crutchfield.com

-Fosgate Prime 500/1d - Seems to be everyones favorite. Both my birth-sheets are 600+ @2 ohms (although I changed my setup so they are just sitting never installed) not really sure if I'll ever do anything with them, I just checked them on a power supply. You can check websites for $129. I have no idea what the cost is shipping to Malta

-Clarion XC2410 - SonicElectronix.com - They are always sold out or on back order as soon as they get any, but if your down for the wait go ahead and give them your email for update. It is bridgeable. Its [email protected] or [email protected] or bridged [email protected] for $114.00. Clarions always been good with their sound quailty and you could put this thing behind your glove box (tiny).

As for subwoofers, you can find some nice Alpine Type-Rs for a good deal which would blow away both of those, but they are 1000 watts RMS. I ended up getting two which is why I have to change my amplifier setup. Im still amp shopping after 2 years to figure out what I'm getting.

Thats the best I can think of within that budget. Luckily you can pretty much get your entire amp setup within your budget with these and the are great amplifiers. I checked for you and it does seem like both Crutchfield and Sonicelectronix ship internationally. Good luck to you. If you go with Amazon, be very careful to read the reviews on the VENDOR. You may get lucky or you may end up with a fake or used/ repaired amp with no serial number. Trust me it does happen alot. I try to steer clear of Amazon for Car audio. Although I have been lucky 4 out of 5 times.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts