DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have two JL 8W7's in a sealed box. It sounds nice but the box is too big... even though there's more room in my trunk than this pic shows. One complaint that I have with the JL's is that they don't seem to hit very low.

http://www.amerigo.com/caraudio/stereo01.jpg

I would like to have one enclosure on the side of my trunk. I'm guessing around 1.0 cf. I'd like a great 10" but I've been thinking of a 12".

I currently have three amps, one powers my components and the other two power each 8W7. So I'd like to ditch the 8W7's and one of those amps. So my new sub would be powered by one Sundown SAX-125.2 (400w X 1 @ 4 Ohms).

So what sub... money not an issue... fits in about 1cf sealed, hits low, and would perform well with only 400w? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
44 Posts
if you wanto hit low go with a aa avalanche now Its not 10 or 12s but a 15 however it does fine in 1 cube I know for a fact

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't think a 15" will sit very well in the trunk of a Mustang.
I dont know if this is a joke or not because someone responded with a smiley, but I have a Jaguar and its fine in there 1cube the Box was built by someguy far away went to a jag dealer ship and got an idea on how the trunk was shaped got all the room i need spare tire battery access ect. why would you disagree

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry for the delay to respond.

I ended up getting the Stereo Integrity Mag v4. The shallow mounting depth, small enclosure specs, and countless favorable reviews sold me.

Noteworthy... I placed my order on 3:39 pm and I received a tracking number at 4:00 pm, and it shipped the same day. Fantastic!

I already received it and it's nice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts