DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Pioneer P99RS head unit and 2 pair of available amps: Arc Foose Design 4150 and 600.1; and JL HD 600/4 and 750/1. I am not great at tuning and would prefer not to have an "active" setup or more than 2 amplifiers.

Being a convertible I need good volume, but good sound quality is more important. I have kick panels to accept 6.5" speakers, and a centre grill in the dash that would accept up to 2 3.5" speakers. The rear Convertible panels will handle 6.5" coax and possibly 2 way components. I can fit 1 or 2 10" subs or maybe 1 12" sub. I prefer sealed box hard hitting bass and have used JL 10W6 in the past.

Any speaker recommendations, amp choice and mounting would be appreciated. Would like to keep speakers at $750 or less per pair and same per sub. If my amps aren't recommended, please let me know as well. I currently have available a JL 10w4 in 4 ohm and 1 pair of JL C5-650 coax with a crossover.

I was thinking 3 ways for from with 6.5" in kick panel, 3" or 3.5" mid in centre of dash and tweeters on each side of mids or in corners of dash near A Pillar. Or, 2 way component or coax in kick panels and some 3.5" coax in centre of dash. I like the Hertz MLK and the old Focal Polyglass as well, neodymium magnets would be great to keep weight and mounting difficulty lower. I also need recommendation on whether to enclose any or all of the speakers.

Thanks in advance. Mickey

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it was originally a 4x8 or 4x10. Car came with an AM Sonomatic radio with factory under dash 8 track. One front centre speaker and one behind the rear seat facing the convertible top well. At least that's what I remember, I have owned it since 1981.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.