DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, looking for recommendations for my new to me truck, it's a 1997 f350 crew cab. My last setup was a pair of dc audio 12's running 600rms, with a b2 audio component set of mids and tweeters with passive crossovers in an 02 Accord. From what I'm seeing online front doors are 6.5's and rear are 5x8 but you can fit a 6.5 with some trimming. I'm thinking a pair of slim mount 12's behind the back seat, and most likely another b2 audio set of mids and highs for the front doors, is it worth it to do the back doors the same way? I had the rear deck speakers removed in the Accord but that was mainly to give the bass a way out of the trunk and I didn't care about the rear fill anyway since it was a coupe.

·
Registered
197 Posts
If I was doing my obs F350 crewcab again I’d do almost the same as I did last time. A pair of 6.5 components in the front doors with the tweeters mounted directly above the mids worked good, I’d change from the pair of RE RE12s to a pair of ID10s in a ported box behind the back seat. That change would get the back seat moved back a couple notches and save legroom. It’s a surprisingly difficult truck to work with, I put my amp under the back seat but it was hard to reach for adjustment..

Mine is a 92, same body style, don’t know how much difference in the interior

I’ll always avoid shallow subs if possible. They’re either expensive, sound crappy or both, IME..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts