DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of Rockford Fosgate RFR2210 and would like to know if it is worth reconing it or just getting a subwoofer that is brand new?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I have a pair of Rockford Fosgate RFR2210 and would like to know if it is worth reconing it or just getting a subwoofer that is brand new?

Thank you.
I would have to say no, unless you like learning. I did my first repair of a JL w7 a couple years ago and the first one I screwed up so I had to razor it off and try again. The second time I got it almost perfect because I understood better what I was doing. In all it cost me prob $120 bucks and idk 10 hours of my time?

Seems like a lot but you’ve got to research, buy the materials at a good price, watch videos, take it apart, glue it, let it dry, and there’s probably a problem somewhere in there that will come up too where you’ll have to do some ad hoc repairing of damage you made, or other troubleshooting.

If you’re a diy’er and enjoy learning, go for it. You may end up with a repaired sub that wasn’t exactly worth all the time and money you sunk into it tho.

Edit: I just realized you said “recone” - dude I was talking about fixing the dust cap and foam repair, my bad. Just multiply all that by 10 in the categories of difficulty, time, and money if you’re actually gonna try to recone.

Yeah I would definitely get a new sub in that case.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Not unless you already know how to recone. If you have no experience it is do-able if you have a sub where an assembled recone kit is available, but for those old subs you would need to piece a recone kit together yourself and more than likely will not end up well. Not trying to be mean - just from what I've observed with about a decade of reconing and building my own design subs.

I'm the one that pm'd you about buying those subs btw, and would still be interested in buying them if you would ship.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not unless you already know how to recone. If you have no experience it is do-able if you have a sub where an assembled recone kit is available, but for those old subs you would need to piece a recone kit together yourself and more than likely will not end up well. Not trying to be mean - just from what I've observed with about a decade of reconing and building my own design subs.

I'm the one that pm'd you about buying those subs btw, and would still be interested in buying them if you would ship.
Thank you for reminding me. I think you PM around the time I had Covid and totally forgot about it.

In all honesty I never shipped subwoofers before but I am opening to selling them to you since it would cost me a migraine and high blood pressure to re cone them subs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts