DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know it should not matter but with these particular woofers and the 3" baffle with only 5.5" depth i got to assume there is much more cone blockage than facing into the cabin.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I know it should not matter but with these particular woofers and the 3" baffle with only 5.5" depth i got to assume there is much more come blockage than facing into the cabin.

20ft + long wavelengths. It has zero effect which way you face it.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I reversed my 15" sub reverse with the magnet poking into the car. I built a 'pyramid shaped grill' over it out over expanded metal and wood and then covered every with subwoofer cloth. No one ever noticed it. That way the trunk space is not compromised in anyway. If I had to do it again I would do it the same way.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Isn't there a possibility of some motor noise with being reversed if your seats are down?
I mean seats up is a little scary tbh haha. Like a trunk monkey trying to get out but the only motor noise I've noticed is at very high excursion and at that point..does it really matter?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
556 Posts
I’ve got my IB sub with the magnet facing the front of the car and I’m very happy with it. I’ve been playing it for the past week without my rear seat backs installed and I haven’t caught a hint of motor noise. Like the others, my motivation for setting it up this way was to maximize trunk space.

·
Premium Member
5,972 Posts

If you reverse one, and not the other, it reduces distortion.

Be sure to reverse the wiring on the woofer that's inverted, so that both drivers are in-phase.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts

If you reverse one, and not the other, it reduces distortion.

Be sure to reverse the wiring on the woofer that's inverted, so that both drivers are in-phase.

That would seem to waste a lot of space. Although I guess you could make your baffle shaped like this:
HTML:
|
|
|
|_______
        |
        |
        |
        |
In which that might actually be pretty darn cool. Hmmmmmmm :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
The rear of many drivers is noisier due to exposing the motor structure. In turn, if your driver is close to ear shot, that can be a problem in some circumstances. Some driver's motors are just nosier than others.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts