DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a post of my second attempt at the back of my car False floor. The first attempt turned out real good but like any project you can come up with ways to do it better once you complete it.

This second attempt turned out even better, but I can't help but think I could get it even better.

Equiptment....
HU = Poineer AVIC-F90
Amps = Kenwood KAC-X4R x2, Kenwood KAC-X1R
Sub = Stereo Integrity BMKII
Mid Base = CDT M6
Tweets = ScanSpeak

Here is the link to my previous install. Previous Build Log

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In honor of Stereo Integrity I am posting the final product first. That is the way he does it and I really like that, I think it looks professional.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trying to figure out how to setup the amps in the rack. I built the rack as large as I could with the space I had.. then tried to figure out how to fit the amps in it.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Next was to add that little something.. lights. All I could figure was to glue the leds to the trim plate.. but they would be carpeted.. in the end I used silicone glue (smelled aweful) but stuck to the carpet and wood and leds and everything.

A real bummer was that the wires leading to the leds were SMALL, like human hair small. I couldn't crimp them so I had to learn how to solder. THen I used silicone to glue down the wires to the trim plate.

·
Registered
530 Posts
The photos do resize themselves but it takes longer for the page to load because of it. If you resize them, your thread loads much faster and makes more people actually pay attention.

other than that issues, car looks great.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks. I did resize them, I didn't realize it was slowing people down. My work has a MASSIVE internet pipe so the resizing is near instant.. I never thought that others would take a significant amout of time more. I have resized them now thought.

As far as wood skills goes.. on a scale from 1 to 10 I would give myself about a 3 or 4. I read a lot on this forum, and scrutinized SimlicitySounds's installs closely.. and it did take me 5 weeks to do all that so it is not like I was efficient. Thanks for the compliment though.

·
Registered
175 Posts
just wanted to say cool job. new ms3 owner and i have a SI BM in my hatch spare as well.

Have you done any work on this since?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks,
I WISH I had kept the SI BM sub.

I "wanted more" so got a Digital Designs sub, mangeled the sub box I had built to try to add a port... hated the sub... re-built a new box that was to spec for the DD sub... it was HUGE and took up the whole hatch area.. and I still hated the sound of the sub. Ditched that sub and now have a Boston 12.5lf sub that sounds good. This weekend I started rebuilding the hidden box for that sub, to get it to spec.

If all turns out well, I will have a sub and box that looks suspiciously similar to the pictures you see there.

Then I am thinking of selling the Speed3 and getting a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited...so the whole process will start once again.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks for the update. Yeah I'm going down using 2 to one but with a new to me JL HD 750/1 powering it. Way more than I need in the back now. Still playing around with making them isobaric, but the rise on the floor on the 2012 is already pretty high, and that would make it pretty much flush with the rear lip. Built a aluminum tube amp rack that may or may not stay in there. (trying to keep the weight down)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts