DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I might add some Idq-31 eq's to my setup. Wondering if I should get a relay. I've never had a problem with turning anything on. Just don't want to cook the drz remote out circuit. This is what I am running for stuff that needs to turn on via remote lead:

DRZ-9255>
JL E6450
JL 250/1

Thanks,
Goodstuff

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
I had a Clarion HU a few years back that had a page added by Clarion indicating the need for a relay if more than two devices were being activated by the remote circuit.
They may have found users having problems with that specific deck (DRXsomething, don't remember), but it wouldn't hurt to add the relay as a precaution.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I used to install a relay any time there was more than one component when i installed a Clarion or Alpine. They seemed to not have enough current

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Grabbed a 20 amp spdt relay and harness for 6 bucks on ebay.

edit: should I put a fuse on the constant 12v+? If so what size?

·
Registered
62 Posts
10amp is good enough for the 3 equipments.
Never know that Clarion and Alpine is like this bad on remote out, my bad....
I think I'm running 500mA for my turn on fuse... hasnt popped with 2 MMATS amps on it.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
500mA actually is good enough already. I agree with that(case by case). Even my JL amps won't able to take high current on remote in. Tried before by jumping +ve to it and it won't turn on.
At the end, still have to see what equipments we are going to use from the relay.

·
Former Installator
294 Posts
Relay... YES!

Transistor output of most decks is not designed to push more than enough current to power up a few accessories.

Fuse the +12V source... YES

fuse size determined by the wire used...

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts