DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Poll choices limited to 100 characters - check full versions in post, then vote.

• I have 100% absolute knowledge that the universe is occupied by a God and he is Yahweh/Elohim.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Feel free to comment on why you voted for the statement you agreed with.

Expanded poll questions:

1) I have 100% absolute knowledge that the universe is occupied by a God and his son is Jesus Christ.

2) I have 100% absolute knowledge that the universe is occupied by a God and his prophet is Muhammad.

3) I have 100% absolute knowledge that the universe is occupied by a God and he is Yahweh/Elohim.

4) I have 100% absolute knowledge that the universe is occupied by a god(s) or any other omniscient/potent/present/benevolent force.

5) 99% convinced that the universe is occupied by god(s) or any omniscient/potent/present/benevolent force, but for technical reasons, I will withhold the last 1% since I am not capable of gathering the last bit of evidence proving this is a fact.

6) Slightly convinced that the universe is occupied by god(s) or any omniscient/potent/present/benevolent force.

7) I don't know either way - the possibilities are on equal terms.

8) Slightly convinced that the universe is devoid of any god(s) or any other omniscient/potent/present/benevolent force.

9) 99% convinced that the universe is devoid of any god(s) or any other omniscient/potent/present/benevolent force, but for technical reasons, I will withhold the last 1% since I am not capable of gathering the last bit of evidence proving this is a fact.

10) I have 100% absolute knowledge that the universe is completely devoid of a god(s) or any other omniscient/potent/present/benevolent force.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yes, it's fun.

Come on, like this thread wasn't a troll attempt. The Wake Up! thread didn't offer enough. You just wanted to argue with more people, so you created this thread. That's fact.
Oh right, fun. But yeah, that trolling attempt was actually pretty lame. I guess you do what ya gotta do to make yourself teeheehee like a school girl.

Anyways, this thread is not a troll attempt, it's a regular poll. Feel free to vote... or continue trolling.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Oh right, fun. But yeah, that trolling attempt was actually pretty lame - but I guess whatever makes you chuckle to yourself like a school girl, teehee.

Anyways, this thread is not a troll attempt, it's a regular poll. Feel free to vote... or continue trolling.
*chuckles like schoolgirl* :dead_horse:

·
Registered
615 Posts
WTF is "100% absolute knowledge"? This is a question of believing not knowing. If people KNEW there would be no point of discussion, would there? The only people who have 100% knowledge are dead, and the dead ain't talking.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WTF is "100% absolute knowledge"? This is a question of believing not knowing. If people KNEW there would be no point of discussion, would there? The only people who have 100% knowledge are dead, and the dead ain't talking.
It doesn't make sense does it? Then maybe you should take it up with the christians (and the like), because unfortunely, most of them really do think they know "god." Go ahead and ask one; do you know jesus, or do you simply just really hope he's real?

Hence, this is why the term "delusional" comes into play; it's not an insult, it's a description.

Delusion - a fixed belief that is resistant to reason or confrontation with actual fact: a paranoid delusion.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The existence of a supreme being can neither be proven, nor disproven. Thats why its called faith.

I cannot say there is not a god with, as you say, "100% absolute knowledge". Nor can even the most devout religous fanantic say they have "100% absolute knowledge" that there IS a god.

I choose to beleive there is no god...thats my personal faith. Thats my decision based on my life and my experiences...and the result of having been brought up Roman Catholic and years spent going to CCD and attending church. Its my right and it would frankly take a literal act of god to change my mind on the matter. I live a full life, have good family, good friends, I work hard and do well by myself and others...I have no need for a god in my life and there is no gap in my life that needs filling by a supreme being.

My wife says I have christian values...I say I'm just a nice guy.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
Everyone's a little bit right and a little bit wrong. Get rid of religeon and war will be nearly nonexistant. As a child I was forced to go to a church I hated and not only has it made me bitter but also turned me into a "thinker". I think for myself and to those that crammed religion down my throat for all those years and the gossipy church women (and men) say I'm going straight to hell. My mom said it best by telling my uncle "why should I go to your church if all I see are hipocrites in the congregation and don't get anything out of it?"

·
Registered
183 Posts
I’m pragmatic about religion and I’m not ready to be a blind toy in hands of God, Martians or someone else.
Church, there are true priests and there are real bureaucrats.
I know, there happen, maybe not miracles , but strange things around people who are in contact with church and saint places. Definitely something exists there. I even think that it is something stronger and more mysterious than the will of saint or believing people which changes matter, space or time.
I can’t accept main religious dogmas as it is explained by church. At the same time people need in these dogmas to be united by same ideology.
And let don’t forget that the religion is big part of the human culture and part of national traditions.
I vote for the first paragraph on purpose, because I’m (possible not best) Christian, and it would be so sadly and dreary to live in this world without delusions.

·
Registered
475 Posts
It doesn't make sense does it? Then maybe you should take it up with the christians (and the like), because unfortunely, most of them really do think they know "god." Go ahead and ask one; do you know jesus, or do you simply just really hope he's real?

Hence, this is why the term "delusional" comes into play; it's not an insult, it's a description.

Delusion - a fixed belief that is resistant to reason or confrontation with actual fact: a paranoid delusion.
If you don’t think you’re delusional then you’re truly lying to yourself.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - I wonder who said this?

·
Registered
11,974 Posts
*hands the OP a can opener and a can of worms*

nothing good can come from this, lol.

·
Registered
834 Posts
*hands the OP a can opener and a can of worms*

nothing good can come from this, lol.
^^ on point, right here. :) I have pretty strong feelings on this subject but, I'll be damned if I'm going to get into this type of conversation on a forum. (usually just simply avoid them face to face). I do like the show though. :snacks:

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you don’t think you’re delusional then you’re truly lying to yourself.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - I wonder who said this?
I think he was referring to the fact that the light emanating form substance is not the substance itself and thus our perceived reality is an illusion.

1 - 20 of 166 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.