DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
5,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seems there are a lot of features on remote start systems. How do i access them?

Avital 4103
http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/IG/Avital/N4103_2008-07_web.pdf

See page 34-35.

Specifically I want to change the crank time and the anti-grind.

I have 2 cars with these systems and both work great. I'd highly recommend this unit. And it's such a small investment for such a large benefit - especially if you have a bloated DD with NAV that takes a minute to boot up.

·
Registered
2011 Prius rsx gs9>apl1 >helix dsp ultra>2 brax mx4’s &jl Audio 600/1> full focal Utopia m
565 Posts
If you hook up the tachometer wire then you don't have to worry about non of that, crank time is menu 2 option 4 but I strongly recommend hooking up the tach (purple/white) wire.

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you hook up the tachometer wire then you don't have to worry about non of that, crank time is menu 2 option 4 but I strongly recommend hooking up the tach (purple/white) wire.
Exactly

Running tachless or relying on a CAN interface to provide tach is always a gamble.
Not sure what type of vehicle you have, but if it's a Chevy...connect the tach!

Provide vehicle info and we can provide a common spot to grab tach wire on it.

·
5,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2003 Toyota Avalon XLS. I have the FSM. I can locate the page for the gauges and post it here.

·
Registered
130 Posts
You may use any of the following wires for tach

The uncommon at any of the coil packs (pin 3)
Coil 1 - Green/Red
Coil 2 - Yellow/Green
Coil 3 - Green/Yellow
Coil 4 - Blue/Yellow
Coil 5 - Blue
Coil 6 - Black

Or the easiest place to grab tach (inside the vehicle)

In the driver kick panel you'll see 4 connectors; in the Grey 22 pin connector; pin 21 (black wire)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts