DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to buy a remote start for my truck. It's an '87 Jeep Comanche so no frills. I have added lock actuators and I had a previous keyless entry system installed. I removed that and want to go with a remote start.

I am cheap like most DIY people so I want the best for my hard earned money. I would like the Viper 4816V but I can't find it anywhere online. I really don't need much range so the 4105V would probably be fine and is very inexpensive.

The question is ALL of them don't have a dome light supervision output like car alarms do. I think this is a HUGE oversight on DEI's part. I guess most cars now have that option anyways. But mine doesn't so I was thinking of adding a timer relay to control the dome lights and perhaps headlights/parking lights as well. What timer relays do you guys use and also what output should I use on the remote start harness? It needs to work when unlocked so maybe one that can be latched for a period of time when triggered? I am researching online and can't find anyone that has done this before.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Better off getting the viper 5303, cheap online and has a 2way pager. As for dome light supervision, why not use the door pin switch for door sense? And most likely you'll need to use the door trigger (negative polarity) to tap it to your door trigger.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I see what your saying for the pulse time. Pulse timer that dei make which dei t528 that can adjust trigger time up to 60 sec, which ever polarity you want. If you want one for headlights, and one for dome light, you need 2.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts